Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jay Rodriquez - would you boo him?

Would you boo Jay Rodriquez?

• Boo

Votes: 78 31.8%
  • Not boo

Votes: 167 68.2%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you draw Fleetwood in the FA Cup, will you be booing Barton?:)
Barton may not last at Fleetwood until the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

I intend to loudly boo him in the Carabao Cup though if we draw Fleetwood.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We should all eat Garlic & Raw Onion Surprise, for a few days before the eventful game.

Then heartily breath out every time he touches the ball.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I would boo Burnley from start to finish (Apart from when we score)

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Unfortunately the mob mentality will rule. Back in the 70's / 80's, if Team A's fans racially abused Team B's black players, the response of Team B's fans was often to racially abuse Team A's black players, as if this somehow balanced things up.

Booing Jay Rodrigues feels a bit like this to me. It's a horrible thing he's been accused of, just as its a horrible thing that Gaetan feels he's suffered. To jump on one side or other based purely on partisan lines just seems wrong. The Burnley fans have shown their lack of class by the booing. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could show our class by not doing the same to Rodrigues. Unfortunately, I suspect this isn't going to be the case.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't say he was found 'not guilty', I said he wasn't found guilty of anything
Oh ok, I misread. Jay still came out and said something along the lines of being shown to be innocent.

I'm surprised Bong being sure JR is guilty is good enough for you to accept JR is guilty, as you're usually more reasonable than that. As much as JR has come across as a bellend, it would be unfair to class him as guilty of racist abuse when there was not enough evidence to prove that this was probably the case.
If Jay had been more reasonable about the whole thing, then it would have all gone away without trouble. It's his actions that have led to Bong being abused, so I think it's only fair for him to get some abuse back. I also don't believe him.

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Unfortunately the mob mentality will rule. Back in the 70's / 80's, if Team A's fans racially abused Team B's black players, the response of Team B's fans was often to racially abuse Team A's black players, as if this somehow balanced things up.

Booing Jay Rodrigues feels a bit like this to me. It's a horrible thing he's been accused of, just as its a horrible thing that Gaetan feels he's suffered. To jump on one side or other based purely on partisan lines just seems wrong. The Burnley fans have shown their lack of class by the booing. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could show our class by not doing the same to Rodrigues. Unfortunately, I suspect this isn't going to be the case.

100% agree, however not surprised this attitude exists.

If a third saying they will, this is probably enough to make enough noise to get noticed like what happened to Bong on Saturday.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Oh ok, I misread. Jay still came out and said something along the lines of being shown to be innocent.

If Jay had been more reasonable about the whole thing, then it would have all gone away without trouble. It's his actions that have led to Bong being abused, so I think it's only fair for him to get some abuse back. I also don't believe him.

If fans boo JR, then BHA fans will be viewed to be booing JR for being racist, despite this not being proven, and that won't reflect well on the club. It's a serious accusation, and so I think it's unfair to treat JR in such a way based on personal feelings.

Under different circumstances, I would be happy to boo JR. He's done enough to deserve being booed outside of the racist accusations. Booing itself isn't a big issue. But given the context of the situation, I don't think it's right.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If fans boo JR, then BHA fans will be viewed to be booing JR for being racist, despite this not being proven, and that won't reflect well on the club. It's a serious accusation, and so I think it's unfair to treat JR in such a way based on personal feelings.

Under different circumstances, I would be happy to boo JR. He's done enough to deserve being booed outside of the racist accusations. Booing itself isn't a big issue. But given the context of the situation, I don't think it's right.
I shall be booing Rodriguez because he is a rude little **** who needs to learn his actions have consequences.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
One aspect of this that has not been discussed is that his actions were in the same week as Trump made those outrageous comments about S holes in Africa and I wonder if this had sub-consciously made it into Jay's conscious? And out it came... It does happen. I am not defending it. Footballers can be socially inept at times...

luge

Dec 18, 2010
No. I have absolutely no idea whether he did what was accused of or not. There have been several times in my life where i have misconstrued what people said or did not say. Bong had every right to complain, and should be supported. Rodriguez has every right to defend himself.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm not sure sure who we are and aren't allowed to BOOOOOOO any more so I think I'm going to play it safe and just BOOOOOOO everyone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Every time he touches the ball I will shout 'Bong' at him very loudly in the style of Big Ben.

I'm not sure sure who we are and aren't allowed to BOOOOOOO any more so I think I'm going to play it safe and just BOOOOOOO everyone.

In a thread full of angst, these made me chuckle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here