Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New away kit

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This years home kit is the best one since moving to the Amex. The black away kit the same.

This years away is awful. Yellow and green wtf ?

We'll find out later today, but I'm still of the opinion that there is no green on it, and the shoulders are thin black and yellow stripes, in the style of the home template.

(I'm not disputing at all, that in the long range pictures, of the Royal Blood chap, under gig lighting, in the dark, it LOOKS green)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Am I the only one who doesn't see the "leak" as a mistake

If the club didn't want a leak then they wouldn't have sent a shirt over to Australia days, even weeks before release. I would guess they did it knowing full well it would be worn at the concert and a grainy photo would be taken. Then all the "oooo must post on twitter to make myself look ultra COOL" crew would do exactly that and a seemingly silly error would help the launch by everybody wanting to see the actual shirt.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

If the club didn't want a leak then they wouldn't have sent a shirt over to Australia days, even weeks before release. I would guess they did it knowing full well it would be worn at the concert and a grainy photo would be taken. Then all the "oooo must post on twitter to make myself look ultra COOL" crew would do exactly that and a seemingly silly error would help the launch by everybody wanting to see the actual shirt.

They gave him the shirt with the intention of wearing it for sure. It's viral marketing isn't it? They probably even paid him. I didn't look at those gig photos really but if it's in Australia as I understand then 100% marketing campaign.

It does ask the question though...what if this isn't even the away kit? Or are we all sure now that it is?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

They gave him the shirt with the intention of wearing it for sure. It's viral marketing isn't it? They probably even paid him. I didn't look at those gig photos really but if it's in Australia as I understand then 100% marketing campaign.

It does ask the question though...what if this isn't even the away kit? Or are we all sure now that it is?

Yes, of course they gave him the shirt as a marketing tool. They know he's a big Albion fan (STH) and likes to wear Albion stuff (and brand up his drum kit sometimes) on stage. the band have a big following, so its a no-brainer. No chance that they PAY him to wear it though. We're not that big time, nor that cynical.

I do expect that there has been a small miscommunication though, and Ben was supposed to know NOT to wear it until after the official launch (today?). that said, as above, it has not done any harm has it? If anything the early attention / intrigue is a bonus.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Yes, of course they gave him the shirt as a marketing tool. They know he's a big Albion fan (STH) and likes to wear Albion stuff (and brand up his drum kit sometimes) on stage. the band have a big following, so its a no-brainer. No chance that they PAY him to wear it though. We're not that big time, nor that cynical.

I do expect that there has been a small miscommunication though, and Ben was supposed to know NOT to wear it until after the official launch (today?). that said, as above, it has not done any harm has it? If anything the early attention / intrigue is a bonus.

I think if anything it's helped the launch. A teaser if you will...and it's good market research. Now they know to dye the sleeves before this afternoon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From the pictures I do not like it but whats the problem as I wont buy one anyway as I think football shirts look ridiculous on anybody over 30 years old or larger than XL.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So it wasn't a leak then, it was how they choose to reveal the kit (with the images that came from the gig being something I imagine they'd foreseen). A different way of announcing the new kit, interesting approach.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
So it wasn't a leak then, it was how they choose to reveal the kit (with the images that came from the gig being something I imagine they'd foreseen). A different way of announcing the new kit, interesting approach.

Well, nobody would've even thought to look for the images of that gig, if [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] had'nt have posted this thread :lolol:

Unless he's in on it too? ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Ha. If you believe that spin...

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Horrible. Just horrible. Worse than that Green & Black number in our first year at the Amex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here