Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And yet you had to comment inside a Gus thread ? As [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] says, if you don't like the topic then just move on.

Pringles? i'd like to see a "Fourthly" myself..

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
F
Thirdly and most importantly, I use north stand chat because of my obsession with all things Brighton and Hove Albion

Please see my post above

I assume you ignore the threads about sexy Winter Olympic women, Pompey folding ( hopefully ), the worlds hardest creature, local politics, what type of poos do you do ?, UK comedy vote etc etc etc then ?

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I assume you ignore the threads about sexy Winter Olympic women, Pompey folding ( hopefully ), the worlds hardest creature, local politics, what type of poos do you do ?, UK comedy vote etc etc etc then ?

Don't be so silly, of course I dip into non- football related threads.

But I really do hope that we never meet Gus professionally because I do worry about the reception he would receive and the messages that reception would send out to Gus - and to Oscar.

Just my opinion ...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love these threads purely because they annoy the sensitive bedwetters.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't be so silly, of course I dip into non- football related threads.

But I really do hope that we never meet Gus professionally because I do worry about the reception he would receive and the messages that reception would send out to Gus - and to Oscar.

Just my opinion ...

Polite and grateful applause for a manager that did very well for us. What's the problem with that? Really don't see that as a problem for Gus or for Oscar.

Some people on here really do need to grow up. We had a great manager, he was ambitious which we gained from whilst he was here but we always knew his growth line was going to be quicker than ours so deal with it. We used him as much as he used us. And personally I am very proud of the fact that he is now going on to better things and proving to everyone what we already knew that he is a great manager.

As for people posting on a thread about Gus, moaning about a thread about Gus, clearly enough has been said. I don't post on threads about a large amount of topics I have no interest in. I certainly don't go on that thread moaning about others who want to discuss it! Apart from anything else, if it offends you that much, why are you bouncing it back up to the top of the board so regularly?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Polite and grateful applause for a manager that did very well for us. What's the problem with that? Really don't see that as a problem for Gus or for Oscar.

Some people on here really do need to grow up. We had a great manager, he was ambitious which we gained from whilst he was here but we always knew his growth line was going to be quicker than ours so deal with it. We used him as much as he used us. And personally I am very proud of the fact that he is now going on to better things and proving to everyone what we already knew that he is a great manager.

As for people posting on a thread about Gus, moaning about a thread about Gus, clearly enough has been said. I don't post on threads about a large amount of topics I have no interest in. I certainly don't go on that thread moaning about others who want to discuss it! Apart from anything else, if it offends you that much, why are you bouncing it back up to the top of the board so regularly?

Gus was an amazing manager for us - took us to a whole new level - I will never forget. I am pleased and proud of what Gus is achieving at Sunderland.
Its just that sometimes on nsc it feels like when a couple split up and one is still pining after the other and is unable to move on. That's all (almost)

PS very sad how the love affair ended ...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, because that's what you always do without fail......

Errr ?? Where have I ever complained about a thread topic ? If I'm not interested I don't open it and don't comment. If I am interested I will read it and might comment.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sick and tired of people going into thread after thread on topics they have no interest in, just to tell people to go elsewhere because they don't want to read it. Here's an idea: don't open a thread so obviously about the topic you have no interest in.

There are plenty of threads on here I have no interest in, I don't have any problem ignoring them, and I'm not a particularly unique individual. This isn't a skill that takes much effort, anyone can do it. This isn't me putting myself above people because I have this magic talent of ignoring the threads I have no interest in. Anyone can do it.

Well the answer is simple my friend, if you don't like the content of the thread, then don't read it. Everyone has the right to post a thread. Freedom of speech and all that.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Firstly, I do not open most Gustavo Poyet threads.

Secondly and quite frankly, I do not understand the obsession some still have with Gus.

Thirdly and most importantly, I use north stand chat because of my obsession with all things Brighton and Hove Albion

Thought you said in your earlier post, "Gus has gone, get over it. Time to move on, Oscar is our man now - and I am glad" ???

I'm sick and tired of people going into thread after thread on topics they have no interest in, just to tell people to go elsewhere because they don't want to read it. Here's an idea: don't open a thread so obviously about the topic you have no interest in.

There are plenty of threads on here I have no interest in, I don't have any problem ignoring them, and I'm not a particularly unique individual. This isn't a skill that takes much effort, anyone can do it. This isn't me putting myself above people because I have this magic talent of ignoring the threads I have no interest in. Anyone can do it.

It's not the thread topic that's the problem it's the people who post in them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Think he should be judged at the end of the season, I think they will still go down and won't win either cup. If that's what people call great, then fair enough. The job he is doing at Sunderland is not a patch on what Tony Pullis is doing at Palace.

Totally agree judge at end of season.. Same with Pullis

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Firstly, I do not open most Gustavo Poyet threads.

Secondly and quite frankly, I do not understand the obsession some still have with Gus.

Firstly, you've already posted 6 times in this thread. How on earth are you doing it without opening the thread?
Secondly, you don't have to understand it to ignore the threads
Thirdly, I didn't say don't come to NSC, I said ignore the threads you're not interested in (and it's clearly not "all things" BHA because "all things" BHA would include the fortunes of former players/managers like Gus and Bridcutt and all the others).

NSC is not about brighton and hove albion, it's about all the different things the posters, mostly albion fans, want to talk about. This includes former players, current players, potential future players. It includes the best flavoured crisps, the hardest creature, TV, Film, Music, Cricket, politics, food, pop culture, books, gardening, gambling, technology, and so on. You don't have to leave NSC just because you don't like one of the topics that comes up, just ignore any particular thread and move on to the next.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Firstly, you've already posted 6 times in this thread. How on earth are you doing it without opening the thread?
Secondly, you don't have to understand it to ignore the threads
Thirdly, I didn't say don't come to NSC, I said ignore the threads you're not interested in (and it's clearly not "all things" BHA because "all things" BHA would include the fortunes of former players/managers like Gus and Bridcutt and all the others).

NSC is not about brighton and hove albion, it's about all the different things the posters, mostly albion fans, want to talk about. This includes former players, current players, potential future players. It includes the best flavoured crisps, the hardest creature, TV, Film, Music, Cricket, politics, food, pop culture, books, gardening, gambling, technology, and so on. You don't have to leave NSC just because you don't like one of the topics that comes up, just ignore any particular thread and move on to the next.

See post # 31. :kiss:

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I'm very much looking towards the last day of the season and seeing both the scum and Sunderland being relegated together.

The champers is on ice.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here