Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kazenga Lua Lua: post-Albion

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is one of the most explosive powerful attacking players I have seen in the Championship. He is still very capable of being the difference and being the match winner, in fact there have been several matches recently that I have thought I wish we had Lualua to bring on against a tiring defence

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yep, him and Barnes just aren't good enough. Definitely nothing at all to do with injuries. Definitely.
Excuse me? I like Barnes and always did, I even have his name on my shirt.

Injuries slowed LuaLua down, nobody doubts that. But the truth is he's a player with no intellect at all and no amount of coaching or experience changed that fact. He was amazing in league 1, really ordinary above it. He's had a hard season given the passing of his dad and he hates Sunderland so he must be pretty low at the moment, but he could still have a good career ahead of him. Same with Rohan Ince, of they really want to make it they probably can - but there are genuine questions about their work ethic!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Excuse me? I like Barnes and always did, I even have his name on my shirt.
But criticising Lua Lua is of the same ilk.

Injuries slowed LuaLua down, nobody doubts that.
When his main attributed was (turn of) pace, that's a big deal.
But the truth is he's a player with no intellect at all and no amount of coaching or experience changed that fact. He was amazing in league 1, really ordinary above it.
About 400 players play in the Championship each month, yet Kaz was named player of the month. Most don't get that accolade. Then he got injured.

Could his attitude be better? Probably. But that applies to a lot of players. Regardless. the fact is he was plenty good enough at Championship level.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Kaz to Sunderland - perm

He's had the benefit of working with multiple coaches, and he's never improved. There's only one person to blame for that.

Absolute tosh!

About 400 players play in the Championship each month, yet Kaz was named player of the month. Most don't get that accolade. Then he got injured.

Indeed. He was our best player and the Championship’s best player for a month or so. He bagged us a lot of points at the start of the season and we’d have won the league if we’d had him at that top level every week. He struck up a brilliant relationship with Bong but you’ve got to credit CH with getting Kaz to the level where he won that accolade, he improved him massively. Injury meant we invested in consistently fit players such as Knocky & Skalak meaning Kaz’s chance was over.

Like Buckley, a career curtailed with frequent injuries meaning a jump to the Premier League is a jump to far.

I wish him all the best with his future career.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
He is one of the most explosive powerful attacking players I have seen in the Championship. He is still very capable of being the difference and being the match winner, in fact there have been several matches recently that I have thought I wish we had Lualua to bring on against a tiring defence

Doesn't change a thing, terrible at Sunderland same as bridcutt and Buckley

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The article says he's struggled with fitness (when hasn't he) and given his potential wage demands it makes sense to release him. Sunderland need to cut costs, they'll still be paying Jack Rodwell £70,000 a week next season to not play for them.

Another Gus Poyet signing !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe 'was' is a more significant part of that statement than some like to admit?

Not often l agree with you, (certainly when it comes to politics), but I think you are right, something, or someone, seems to have turned Kaz's head during his latter days with us, the old spark and will to win seem to have gone. Very sad, l really don't know where he goes from here.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doesn't change a thing, terrible at Sunderland same as bridcutt and Buckley

Throw players like Rodwell and O'Shea into the mix. Have any players actually improved when transferred to Sunderland in the last 5 years? or even stood still?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Throw players like Rodwell and O'Shea into the mix. Have any players actually improved when transferred to Sunderland in the last 5 years? or even stood still?

The only guy i can think of was Jordan Pickford

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only guy i can think of was Jordan Pickford

Agreed but I don't they signed him from anyone? (Could be wrong).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here