Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kane injured.. Murray for England?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not though is it. Gomez yes as he's decent and can fill various positions. But Welbeck? What's the point in having a player who can play in different positions when he's shit?

His playing record for England does not show that as he has scored 15 goals in 36 appearances so could be considered by many as a good back up to Kane, Vardy Rashford and Sterling. Better him than Sturridge.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Wellbeck 9 PL goals in 3 seasons only 14 goals total in all competitions but team picked on form what a joke.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
His playing record for England does not show that as he has scored 15 goals in 36 appearances so could be considered by many as a good back up to Kane, Vardy Rashford and Sterling. Better him than Sturridge.
Have you seen him play recently?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The facts are that he's never scored against Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Holland and his last non-minnow goal for England was against the Swiss in 2014.

Who remembers 20-odd years ago when our striking options were Shearer, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Fowler, Scholes and Wright?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The facts are that he's never scored against Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Holland and his last non-minnow goal for England was against the Swiss in 2014.

Who remembers 20-odd years ago when our striking options were Shearer, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Fowler, Scholes and Wright?

Don't forget European Golden Boot winner Kevin Phillips, who could only muster 8 caps. And Michael Owen, of course.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Scholes never played as a striker for England...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't have more than a passing interest in England - I'm a Brighton fan. This World Cup could have changed all that, but no. Let's hope Dunk and Murray have a couple of stormers at Old Trafford and show Southgate what he is missing!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Palace scum Southgate has played a blinder for his old club:

1. Dunk now below newcomers Tarkowski and Mawson in the pecking order.
2. Dunk already below Cahill, Stones, Smalling, Maguire, Jones, Keane.
3. Makes a move to a big club in order to get international recognition more likely.
4. Makes a big fee less likely as he's not an international.

FWIW I wouldn't have selected Murray. I can't believe Hart is still in the squad either. Similarly, Livermore was driving around in a stolen taxi a month again, he's been mailing in performances for bottom of the table WBA and not a patch on Dale Stephens either. I can only assume Southgate likes admiring Livermore's cock in the showers.

Never has a World Cup looked so bleak - on and off the pitch.

So Southgate didn’t pick them because he played for Palace ? Southgate never played against you for Palace, so he probably never knew about the rivalry !!
Murray was never going to be picked to make his international debut at 34, and Dunk is about 7th in line.
Much ado about nothing.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
England just do not know how to win tournament football. We are always planning for some future event where the stars align and all the "nurtured" talent on the "age group pathway" from "the top six" blow away the best of the rest of the world - it's all such repetitive bollocks. We need a Tournament manager who will pick a system that focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of our players, and then picks players irrespective of club, reputation, age or indeed division (Ryan Sessignon) who are IN FORM and can PLAY that system in their club positions. It's not qualification, it's not about gaining experience. It's all about winning seven games.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
So Southgate didn’t pick them because he played for Palace ? Southgate never played against you for Palace, so he probably never knew about the rivalry !!
Murray was never going to be picked to make his international debut at 34, and Dunk is about 7th in line.
Much ado about nothing.
Pretty sure Kevin Davies was picked for his England debut at 33 years old and Ricky Lambert was of similar age. Dunk deserves a look by Southgate, nothing to lose in seeing how he stacks up against world class opposition in 2 friendlies. He's consistently stepped up his game at every testing stage of his career, worth a look.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
R5 now saying Murray deserves to be in 'on form' but is 34 and 'not the future' in the mind of Southgit......Thank **** CH doesn't think like this....

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
I think too many people underestimate how much of a clever player Murray is. He's a seasoned no nonsense pro. Uses every trick in the book to get an edge. Nothing flash about him but he knows the game inside out. Holds the ball up, win's free kicks/peno's and is always in the right place at the right time. Would be a great sub option IMO.
It's not all about pace, power and flash gits.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
England just do not know how to win tournament football. We are always planning for some future event where the stars align and all the "nurtured" talent on the "age group pathway" from "the top six" blow away the best of the rest of the world - it's all such repetitive bollocks. We need a Tournament manager who will pick a system that focuses on the strengths and weaknesses of our players, and then picks players irrespective of club, reputation, age or indeed division (Ryan Sessignon) who are IN FORM and can PLAY that system in their club positions. It's not qualification, it's not about gaining experience. It's all about winning seven games.

Exactly. So in the biggest tournament in the world we are 'planning for the future' and 'following a pathway' and yet at the lowest level (park and kids football) it is all about 'winnng it' and 'stuck in'. We have everything the wrong way round.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
R5 now saying Murray deserves to be in 'on form' but is 34 and 'not the future' in the mind of Southgit......Thank **** CH doesn't think like this....

But Hart, Livermore and Welbeck are the future?!

Awful looking squad, how those 3 get in along with Bertrand, Stones and Lallana when he said he would only pick players playing and on form, I don’t know.

Southgate is a CJTC who is totally out of his depth. And a shite penalty taker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But Hart, Livermore and Welbeck are the future?!

Awful looking squad, how those 3 get in along with Bertrand, Stones and Lallana when he said he would only pick players playing and on form, I don’t know.

Southgate is a CJTC who is totally out of his depth. And a shite penalty taker.

Quite. But on the plus side, none of our (English) players will be stuck in a Russian hotel for a week (or possibly 2 weeks) while the locals set off fire alarms at 3 in the morning, and the KGB put mildly diarrhetic drugs in our water supply, so the players continuously feel like and play like they might need a shit any minute, but hopefully not now.

And none of them will have to suffer the dreary antifootball bollocks 'thought' up by Southgit that has been approved by an FA committee of geriatric counts as part of the anti-training and brainwashing that will take place 'in camp'. The exact opposite of flair :facepalm:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I hope England lose and boring Palace fanatic Southgate is made to look a MUG and come BEGGING for Super Glenn and Dunky to join his world cup squad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here