Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whispers of a "floodlight show" tonight...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never, ever?

No instead we have to listen to adverts and the motivational montage that needs updating...and clap along to the same music we have had the last few years....."moan moan whinge moan..it was better at withdean when John was belting out punk music.... "

he he

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I hate this 'the kids would love it' bollocks. Did we watch light shows / hear goal music etc. when we were kids at the Goldstone? No. Did it make us like going to football any less? No. It's a game of football not a ****ing circus!

Quoted ....because it needs to be repeated again, and again, and again.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why not? We plau music and show videos already, why not flash the lights. Most on here will be having a beer and miss pre match anyway and sure the kids would love it.

The lights are there for one thing, lighting up the pitch. It's a football match not an Adele concert. :nono:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
But I am comparing the miserable reaction of fans on here to the prospect of a pitch invasion (go back and remind yourself of the thread if you want) with the actual reaction on the day

TBH those opposed to a pitch invasion were just exhibiting the standard gutless British "we mustn't break any rules or regulations" response to any activity that may possibly infringe some by-law or statute. The Authorities know best and all that. Anybody with a bit of spirit was in favour.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As long as we win I couldn't give a toss what the lights do

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Nine pages of outrage, and its not even happening! Classic NSC :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are we now going out of our way to be tinpot? What next a drummer?

Hopefully this is bollocks

Would be interested to know if that was ever really a "thing" that was going to happen.

Certainly wouldn't put it passed them after the fist bumping/hugging/selfie taking nonsense.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
*Puts down pitchfork and blazing torch*
IMG_0136.JPG

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Do the mongs up the road still do it?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Whispers of a "floodlight show" tonight...

Saw this thread earlier and pinged someone a text. No response. Ominous.

Bollox, it really is going to happen. Even my 12 year old son who I'm taking tonight thinks its 'embarrassing' (his words)

If this goes ahead, it will instantly remove one of our weapons of tinpottery we currently hold over those mugs up the road. That tragic little gaggle of hapless trolls who live in the away fans end of the BBS will be creaming themselves over it.

This must NOT be allowed to happen. Not in front of the whole world.

We really are turning into 'just another club'.

I liked it when Attila played the music before kick off. We had an identity. We were a bit different and it reflected the city, the people and the club.

What next a drum? Goal music? T-shirt cannons? The twatty marketing department who obviously need to justify their jobs need to step away from the pitch. We are football fans we don't need your help with creating an atmosphere. They should concentrate on ordering replica shirts oh hang on never mind

Had a very reasoned email debate with PB on the subject and covered many/some of the above points and he neither confirmed nor denied it would/wouldn’t happen but:

Basic tone was one of “you can’t please everyone”, “we are aware of sentiment amongst fans over all elements of pre-match gubbins” “we respect the feeling of the club ethos on and off the pitch” and most interestingly “CH signs off an all/any pre-match entertainment”.

How refreshing to have someone who not only replies basically immediately, engages with fans and says what he can within reason when asked/challenged.

When home and if I have time I’ll probably post the exchange, albeit redacted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here