Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Random advert middle of NSC

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I get a sponsored thread appearing EVERY time I'm on the Big Board page. The sponsored posts are probably 1 in 10 times.

It's a little bit irritating and there's ZERO chance I'll be clicking on one (except possibly by accident)

Same here, realise [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is monetizing his site but all the ads do make it a turn off to use!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Just something that I'm trying out.

May not stay or maybe it will. Maybe just on the forum page, maybe just within threads. I have no idea yet.

Feel free to post criticism and/or abuse here.

Hi Bozza, on another issue that may have been broached before, cannot something be done about the last postings on almost every page, reference the single or two word columns that just go on and on, it is so annoying, l personally feel sorry for the poster having replied to a post, because l and probably many other bypass them.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Just something that I'm trying out.

May not stay or maybe it will. Maybe just on the forum page, maybe just within threads. I have no idea yet.

Feel free to post criticism and/or abuse here.

Not going to make any criticism as you have to fund the forum and any way you feel fit is ok, my Ad is for bathroom wall panelling which I have been looking at on the web to use instead of tiling.
Has anyone else used these and what were the results, do they look ok, are they watertight, easy to fit, how would you say they compare to tiles? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think it's great and I fully support it, but not in my back yard please.
So if someone could please remove it from my mobile I would appreciate it.
But I do wish you all the best for your advertising and I will be watching and supporting it from afar.
R. Chopper.
Falmer.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Following discussions on birth in the FIFA thread, there was a sponsored advert for ending the stigma of miscarriage, in the middle of the thread.

It isn't showing on the Big Board, but within a thread.

It's now showing everywhere and telling me 'it's a must have for my baby, and the nappy worries are over.'

I'm way way past having a baby, thank you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes, some fecking advert for nappies! It's getting like twatter

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Could you run a website like this without sponsors ? i doubt it , but i think i would rather pay a yearly sub than get all this bollox plastered over the screen , certainly more VFM than a Ifollow sub , if it came down to it .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
People can say too many or it's intrusive but what does it bring, pays for upkeep, adds to charity donations, sometimes things are worth getting use to for the greater good.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] just lob a £5 sub fee that comes with loyalty points and preferential posting times then provide each 'Gold Member' with a unique log on that is recognised as such which removes the adds. Any lurkers/non-Gold Members can put up with the ads.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The ones I have seen are all clearly labelled sponsored , so I just don't click on them. I get a great deal of enjoyment reading and posting on this site, and these new ads are not bothering me. If they help fund the site, all well and good. They certainly aren't like the intrusive full screen ones, and haven't appeared to slow my browser down. Like the banner ads top and bottom, I think its a small price to pay

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Not overly keen on random adverts being dropped in. However, as has already been mentioned, they are marked "sponsored", so just don't open them if you are opposed to the idea.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Doesn't bother me.

I occasionally find myself on other messageboards for other random interests that I have and have yet to find one that looks as clean, slick and navigable as NSC.

That Palace BBS thing is just a migraine in pixel form. Almost as bad as their home kit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here