Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
So this basically confirms that Hemed is on his way out whilst Zohore (transfer) and Niasse (loan) are coming in.

[tweet]899728474096762881[/tweet]

So by tomorrow, we will nearly have a squad complete. Anyone else starting to think the last 2 dire performances from us have really been a blessing in disguise?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You would think our legal team would have worked this over and given us the green light to proceed. :shrug: Especially given it's so near the end of the transfer window.

There seems to be more African rejections than acceptances these days ....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You would think our legal team would have worked this over and given us the green light to proceed. :shrug: Especially given it's so near the end of the transfer window.

Yes, we must be confident.

Does anyone know when the hearing is?
Are they every Wednesday (see Izquierdo)?

I guess first stop is visa and medical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40950438

The above for sure....

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Presume the Premier League and its global branding is taken into account .

Flooding the lower leagues with cheap imports probably isn't seen as a good development of our game or indigenous young players

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Presume the Premier League and its global branding is taken into account .

Flooding the lower leagues with cheap imports probably isn't seen as a good development of our game or indigenous young players

Most important part is the team (ghana) have to be ranked top 50 on average for last 2 years.....

Flick through this ..... In the last 24 iterations they are in it more than not. Should be fine.

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/rank=260/index.html

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Most important part is the team (ghana) have to be ranked top 50 on average for last 2 years.....

Yes. I've seen it. But it sounded like you had the list of players who had been rejected / accepted this window from Africa. No worries if not.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Everyone saying that he will provide pace, does anybody know? If so, is he really quick or just faster than what we have? I know CH said he wanted pace down the middle, just wondered if anybody knows how rapid he is. Hard to tell from the vids and none of the reports I've read on him mention pace.

Stumpy Tim

His videos reminds me of videos of Bobby Zamora in his first spell at the Albion - clearly way too good for the level he's playing at, and needs to be testing himself in a higher league. Will he be a success? Who knows, but I wonder what a 21 year old Zamora would have gone for in today's market.

As Naylor has suggested, I would expect another similar player to come in - Niasse ticks the boxes. I would be happy with Murray, Dwamena, Baldock and Niasse - assuming Hemed does move on

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Everyone saying that he will provide pace, does anybody know? If so, is he really quick or just faster than what we have? I know CH said he wanted pace down the middle, just wondered if anybody knows how rapid he is. Hard to tell from the vids and none of the reports I've read on him mention pace.

Scrap that. Typically, I've just read an article on the Ghanaian national team that says he is a physical presence with pace to burn and the confidence to finish. Sounds good!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
According to this we've bid 10 million Francs which is about 9 million euros or so https://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball...ar-10-mio-angebot-fuer-dwamena-id7122884.html

Brighton wants FCZ striker star
10 million offer for Dwamena!
Now the English have their money also in the Super League: Premier League star Brighton offers over 10 million francs for Raphael Dwamena (21)!

It is a masterpiece of FCZ President Ancillo Canepa and his team. Half a year ago, FC Zürich won Raphael Dwamena (21) from Austria Lustenau for an estimated 300,000 francs .
Now, six months later, the striker is worth more than 30 times! As Gluck from England learned, premier league star Brighton offers a detachment sum of over 10 million francs for the striker.
Canepa confirms that a quote is on the table. "We always have inquiries for him on the table," he says. "And yes, we currently have an offer from England. But we do not want to give him for sport. "

18 goals have Dwamena shot in 20 games for Lustenau. In the FCZ he scored 12 times in the Challenge League in half a year. He also scored two goals in the Super League - the Ghanaian is a goal machine.
And strikers with cold blood are coveted on the international transfer market. The fact that FC Zürich has its natural limits also knows Ancillo Canepa. He says: "Surely, when a certain scale is reached, one has to make it as a Swiss club some time for economic reasons. So I do not want to exclude a sale . But so far there was no offer in a financial position where I would be nervous. "And further:" We have no economic need to surrender to Dwamena. "

Poker or serious statement? It is clear: for FC Zurich, who collected seven points from three games, a sale would be a sporty setback. But in times of the English transfer madness (each club receives on average 150 million euro television money a year!) It is well imaginable that Brighton re-adjusts. However, Canepa must find the right time for a sale. For Yassine Chikhaoui (30) he once demanded 15 million francs - after x injuries he had to leave him for a fraction.

Looks good to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Scrap that. Typically, I've just read an article on the Ghanaian national team that says he is a physical presence with pace to burn and the confidence to finish. Sounds good!

You must have known you were on rocky ground when asking:-

If so, is he really quick or just faster than what we have

Vestre Svartisen is faster than what we currently have.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hmmmm ... so the value of this player has increased from €300,000 to €10,000,000 in 6 months??? I hope we've done some pretty thorough research on this one!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here