Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior appreciation thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd forgotten how rapid he was. I thought it was Knockaert when he went on that run down the line

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If we were to go up, I hope every montage video that Chazzy makes starts with Liam's chin up clip at Weds away [emoji106]
And this!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hulls fans worship him still. Obviously a top bloke.

Am I the only one who thinks Leroy is too young still to possibly be his dad?! Seems only yesterday he hung up his boots. I'm getting old... :(

Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]840334325149290499[/tweet]

I think that must be the bit on the BBC text updates of the game that said Liam was doing 'a passable impression of Arjen Robben down the left wing'

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]840334325149290499[/tweet]
That broke up a long period of sustained Derby possession.

It definitely had the feel of:-

"Bollox to this, I've had enough, I'm taking the ball off you, and am going over there".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I think a lot of the concern revolves around the spectre of Dunk picking up another 3 yellow cards whilst Duffy is out. We would then be in trouble ( that was before we signed the Norwegian)

Fair enough, but I think there was a hefty element of "Hunemeier hasn't played since God knows when" in there as well.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As much as I want promotion, and I've been waiting for this since I was ten years old, you can't help but feel that Liam just wants it more.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Rosenior is everything good about football - and he "gets" Brighton too - wonderful man and role model. So hope he stays with us for a long long time (and that Calde can come back in some role). Bruno is wonderful too, and my bromance for Uwe is developing nicely again - excellent CB. We're lucky to be supporting a great club with a great owner and great people

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I love him. Superb attitude and great professional. Between him, Skalak and Kayal for MoM on Friday. Interesting how he's only played, what, 30-35 games in 2x seasons, yet he feels like a true blue and white. The guy has had rotten luck with injuries but always comes back and delivers performances whether it's RB, LB or RW.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Loved the slow walk around he pitch after the game, he clapped literally every fan :)

100% this. Class act and probably my favourite current player. Just love the passion coming from him at the end.

Brilliant from him at the end. Clapped round three sides of the ground, then finished off in front of the WSL with a series of big FIST-PUMPS. Love him.

Tremendous attitude from a great pro. A managers dream I would have thought.

Chris Hughton's dream, for sure. Rosenior is THE quintessential Hughton player. Go search for the 'Rosenior signs' pic from when he was announced, and just LOOK at Hughton's FACE. Chris knows.

Top contender as the new Calde.

taken the place of Calde.

Not having THIS though. Liam is a top, top, man. An absolute GENT, but have a word with yourselves :nono:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Not having THIS though. Liam is a top, top, man. An absolute GENT, but have a word with yourselves :nono:

Listen to the podcast from November again. Then you may wish to re-consider...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Listen to the podcast from November again. Then you may wish to re-consider...

I don't need to. I wrote the article below, in July 2015 - I knew exactly what we were getting. As I've said - top man? Gent? 100%. TAKE THE PLACE OF CALDE? Nobody ever.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?505-Who-is-Liam-Rosenior

Last year the club's stay in the top flight came to an end, and Rosenior was one of a number of senior pros released, as the job of rebuilding commenced. Rosenior had been in contract talks over the previous months, and had expressed a wish to end his career with the club - It is not a decision which went down well with the Tigers' fans - forums and twitter and newspaper comments questioning who they could get in better for the task ahead, and describing the club's decision as 'disgusting' and the way it had been handled, as disrespectful.

[tweet]614707220329156608[/tweet]

[tweet]614713861975969792[/tweet]

[tweet]617244128355729408[/tweet]

[tweet]616978234530504704[/tweet]

[tweet]616611832908918784[/tweet]

[tweet]615842354306674689[/tweet]

A read of the Hull fans forums reveals an affection for 'Rosie', of Calderonesque magnitude. This is a player, keen to help out and learn at the club's Academy, and happy to put his hand up for community and charitable efforts.

As an example, when the National Literacy Trust launched a campaign with the Premier League, Hull's representative was an easy choice:
http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/plrs_2014/hull_city (For the record, kids need to read to stimulate their imaginations, and Liam loved history books as a child, and more recently Pep Guardiola's 'Another Way of Winning')

While the club might not have handled Rosenior's departure well, the player himself could not have reacted better. He wrote an open letter to the fans, in the Hull Daily Mail, which illustrated exactly why they held him in such esteem:

"Due to the wonderful five years that not only myself, but my wife Erica and four children, have experienced while playing for this fantastic club, I feel compelled to write you an open letter to express my extreme gratitude for all of the support and best wishes I have received at this time. Firstly, I would like to say thank you to you the fans, for the unbelievable support I have received in my time here as a player and I hope I have represented you in a way that would make you rightly be proud of this amazing club. It has been an unbelievable journey.

I want to thank the Allam family, for saving the club from extinction, and my team-mates - all fantastic people, and everyone including the kit men and tea ladies, Paula and Jean.

I would also like to apologise to you all at our failure to stay in the Premier League this season. I can guarantee you that all of the players gave everything and we were inconsolable in relegation and the unbelievable reaction we got after the game, a standing ovation at relegation, again proved to me what a unique, special and unbelievable set of supporters we have at this football club. You all deserve success and I know in time the club will grow from strength to strength.

This is a proud hard-working city that I have had immense pleasure bringing up my children in over the last five years. Thank you for your tremendous support and I hope our paths cross again in the future.”

It's clear the Albion are getting a great bloke, and a top pro.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Go search for the 'Rosenior signs' pic from when he was announced, and just LOOK at Hughton's FACE. Chris knows.

Was Chris making the cut throat and :tosser: gesture, behind LR's back?

#YouKnowWhatHe'sLike.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Chris knew

IMG_2085.JPG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-automatic-promotion-following-play-loss.html

Looking beyond the source of the article, this is a great illustration of the man. I remember watching him in tears after that defeat against Wednesday – he was hurting. It's easy to fill papers with this sort of thing right after the game, but given how he reacted and engaged with the fans after the final whistle – and given his performance – on Friday night, I firmly believe he meant it. Automatic promotion is always the aim, but for this lot, it's almost as if it's ESSENTIAL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here