Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am in favour of recruitment but not at the detriment to our financial future. and any glaring signings that we need in January to stay in this league.

I think for the first time in almost living memory, we need have no fears for our financial future, Tony Bloom has long said that spending many million pounds on recruitment is no problem at all, if, and only IF, he deems a player(s) to be worth that outlay.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rather than spend a fortune on a 4th choice either CB or winger I would sooner we named a 24 man squad and kept a vacancy for an old experienced player to be signed on a short term contract if it becomes necessary or use an U21 year old player.
I don't know about a CB - I think that could be a loanee, especially if Bernardo is as versatile as reported - but I've got a feeling that CH is after a winger who isn't going to be our 4th. choice winger. I think Uncle Tony's wallet may yet take another big hit this summer. Not a fourth choice one - Knocky and Solly beware!.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't know about a CB - I think that could be a loanee, especially if Bernardo is as versatile as reported - but I've got a feeling that CH is after a winger who isn't going to be our 4th. choice winger. I think Uncle Tony's wallet may yet take another big hit this summer. Not a fourth choice one - Knocky and Solly beware!.

Good call, what’s Tomori doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
One of Bernardo’s apparent strengths is his versatility but CH loves proper CB’s and all the noise has been around signing another as a permanent transfer of an English based HGP rather than a loan.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Chuba Akpom is heading for the Arsenal exit, with a £2million return to Belgian side Sint-Truiden the likeliest outcome for the 22-year-old striker.

Akpom spent the second half of last season on loan at Sint-Truiden where he impressed, scoring six goals in 16 Jupiler League games.

Although Akpom returned to Arsenal for pre-season, he is not in Unai Emery's plans and Arsenal are looking for roughly £2m for his permanent signature.

£2M!!?? £200K is too much IMHO

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did a great job for us. Covered multiple positions, would love him back as 4th choice.
So would I, but therein lies the problem. I don't think either Chelsea, or Tomori himself, would want to go somewhere to be 4th. choice. He played a good number of games for Hull last season. I imagine he'll want to be playing at at least the same level, if not higher, this season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I am in favour of recruitment but not at the detriment to our financial future. and any glaring signings that we need in January to stay in this league.

Dear BG,
As I’ve explained to you before. We are no longer lower-league and playing at Withdean; rather, we are Prem playing at the AMEX and with a state-of-the-art training facility. There is absolutely no way Tony is going to take a big risk with our Prem future by signing a past-it CB or relying on the admittedly good but inexperienced Ben White. Similarly, we will not go with the clearly not good enough Jiri Skalak. So, we will invest, or make a huge effort to do so, which we have clearly already done with Liam Moore. Unlike you, Tony is not stupid enough to go bargain-bucket when our Prem and, therefore, financial future depends on our survival.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:facepalm:

#NeverWrong.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Dear BG,
As I’ve explained to you before. We are no longer lower-league and playing at Withdean; rather, we are Prem playing at the AMEX and with a state-of-the-art training facility. There is absolutely no way Tony is going to take a big risk with our Prem future by signing a past-it CB or relying on the admittedly good but inexperienced Ben White. Similarly, we will not go with the clearly not good enough Jiri Skalak. So, we will invest, or make a huge effort to do so, which we have clearly already done with Liam Moore. Unlike you, Tony is not stupid enough to go bargain-bucket when our Prem and, therefore, financial future depends on our survival.

Afternoon Tony :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you serious? Matt Upson and Liam Ridgewell were when we were in the Championship and, as you say, Collins was reputed. It was never confirmed so not sure what question it answers

It would seem clubs that annually lose £20m to £40m have exactly the same business plan as those who make a profit and receive an annual cash injection of a long way over £100m.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It answer the question that CH will sign whoever he considers capable of doing the job that he requires irrespective of age and reputation so if a player released by a club is considered by him to be good enough he will sign him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So would I, but therein lies the problem. I don't think either Chelsea, or Tomori himself, would want to go somewhere to be 4th. choice. He played a good number of games for Hull last season. I imagine he'll want to be playing at at least the same level, if not higher, this season.

Fair comment......
Just sign permanently and forget Moore

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here