Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How's your Albion Mojo at the moment?

How's high is your Albion Mojo at the moment?

• Total voters

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
A 6 for me - still concerned where those goals will derive from in particular.

............... don't want to be negative but the bookies still have us to finish 4th/5th from bottom. Would we be pleased with this position in May? Not too sure ...........

I'd be delighted for us to survive a second term. This season's going to be another fight, we were lucky last season that several of the more established clubs fell apart, and find it unlikely that'll happen again this season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just feel we (could jist be me) need a bit of a spark from somewhere.

Knockaert and Izquierdo are great, but for a large proportion of the season, they were both inconsistent.

I guess a good winger to challenge them and Solly.

Also, in the cold light of day, is Andone going to be able to replace Murray in terms of goals?

That’s why it’s a 7 for me [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what you are saying. I have high hopes for Knocky this season especially if he can get through pre season unscathed. I convinced we will see a better Knocky.

The other two wingers are a bit meh to me. Izquierdo is very predictable. Always trying to cut in onto his right foot and is a little greedy.Other managers will be aware of this now. Solly when he is on his game is probably our most skillful winger but we don't see enough of it.
As for Murray it wouldn't surprise me if he raises his game again and keeps the other two out. He simply defies logic that man. If Gross is our penalty taker now then Murray could struggle to hit double figures again.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I get what you are saying. I have high hopes for Knocky this season especially if he can get through pre season unscathed. I convinced we will see a better Knocky.

The other two wingers are a bit meh to me. Izquierdo is very predictable. Always trying to cut in onto his right foot and is a little greedy.Other managers will be aware of this now. Solly when he is on his game is probably our most skillful winger but we don't see enough of it.
As for Murray it wouldn't surprise me if he raises his game again and keeps the other two out. He simply defies logic that man. If Gross is our penalty taker now then Murray could struggle to hit double figures again.

Yes, the preseason injury really hampered Knockaert last year.
Re Izzy, you can do a lot with raw pace.....[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

I thought izzy improved a lot before the end of the season he was regulary getting into dangerous positions in the box and cutting the ball back. Sadly like much of Gross' good providing most of it was wasted. I am looking forward to how teams can deal with him when there is also a pacy striker alongside him. They might not be so happy to just put their fastest player on him out of position then which did happen in at least one game towards the end of the season.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cautiously optimistic. Tougher division IMO but the signings seem to be the players the club actually wanted. Still worry where the goals will come from but we have addressed some of the more obvious issues from last year. We have added some pace and power. I'd still like to see a new RB assuming the Brazilian is a LB and cover at CB other than that it looks pretty good but others are spending an awful lot too. I'd still be happy to be in this division next season but if we're in the CL season after next I'll get over it...

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I have gone for a solid 8. I like the work that has been done this transfer window and maybe it hasnt finished yet. I am not under any delusion that this season is going to be easier though, second year and all that and everyone is spending. Cant wait for the season to start.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A 6 for me - still concerned where those goals will derive from in particular.

............... don't want to be negative but the bookies still have us to finish 4th/5th from bottom. Would we be pleased with this position in May? Not too sure ...........

The bookies had us as relegation certainties at the start of last season, Stoke were 20/1 to be relegated. The bookies don’t seem to be able to post very accurate odds on us, even our promotion season we were behind a host of clubs in the odds.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Cautiously optimistic. Tougher division IMO but the signings seem to be the players the club actually wanted. Still worry where the goals will come from but we have addressed some of the more obvious issues from last year. We have added some pace and power. I'd still like to see a new RB assuming the Brazilian is a LB and cover at CB other than that it looks pretty good but others are spending an awful lot too. I'd still be happy to be in this division next season but if we're in the CL season after next I'll get over it...

Balogun also plays as RB. We might even be playing a back 3 and wingbacks.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I'm a fan of Solly but in what ways is he more skilful than Knockaert?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm a fan of Solly but in what ways is he more skilful than Knockaert?

The penalty he won against Leicester for example. Solly can go past 3 or 4 players in a tight position. The ball sticks to his feet. I think he just edges it

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
3 - no fault of the club (minus the pony kits), I'm just still in World Cup/England mode, dreaming of Euro 2020, and probably need a little break from football!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
9. Very pleased with the signings we've made to date and looking forward to the start of the season. Hoping we'll get a central defender and a winger (and maybe an attacking midfielder) before the deadline but very impressed with how the club have got business done this summer.

I think we could cope with what he have defensively as there are some who can play CB or full back.
Would love to see another AM but happy with what we have done so far.
Would also like to see us more positive away from home.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I really rate Izquierdo, who's streets ahead of March at the moment. It's up to March now to raise his game.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Good ol' bi-polar NSC! Lose at Watford and most of these scores will be halved.

7 btw. I'm still in World Cup mode, plus of course the cricket's on. I shan't really get Albion-i-fied until the day of the Watford game.

This match could well be a little barometer - last year thought we should have gone for the juggler ;) lets see what happens this year. Games like that where the extra 2 points were there against a tiring 10 man team......would we settle for a point this season?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here