Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Let's do a FA chess Cup And a Premier league chess cup!! Could also add extra divisions as and when more join.. which they will!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Let's do a FA chess Cup And a Premier league chess cup!! Could also add extra divisions as and when more join.. which they will!

I just dont know snuggles? Need as much feedback by tomorrow as poss.
29-32 is too many for one division, perhaps FA cup then grade people into 2 divisions?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I haven’t played for years but it’s a great game and happy to battle out the relegation places

Welcome [MENTION=17963]Hampster Gull[/MENTION], number 32

OK thats a good/perfect number let me sleep on the format , if any expats get back to me through the night you will be welcomed, there will be some bys though

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The website is quite confusing. I appear to have joined but no idea how to do anything on the BHA bit. Is that because it is not yet set up to do anything?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The website is quite confusing. I appear to have joined but no idea how to do anything on the BHA bit. Is that because it is not yet set up to do anything?

Yes correct. I dont own or moderate that defunct team, dont know who does

I will set up our own group/team and PM everyone of the 32 plus of you

Could do with some input format still though, fa cup or 4 groups of 8 peeps champions/iworld cup/esh style?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I still prefer a league format rather than an FA Cup - people may only play one game.

You could have four leagues of eight. While I agree that we don't know how good we are, we can have a rough idea. The people like you, who play regularly, would be in L1, people like me who played competitively but years ago, people who play occasionally in L3 and woodpushers and beginners in L4. Ask people where they'd place themselves and I bet they'd be reasonably close

Top 3 and bottom 3 would be relegated

You could run an FA Cup parallel to that.

Alternatively you could have something like an 8 or 10 round Swiss tournament - but that needs a sophisticated scoring system.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I still prefer a league format rather than an FA Cup - people may only play one game.

You could have four leagues of eight. While I agree that we don't know how good we are, we can have a rough idea. The people like you, who play regularly, would be in L1, people like me who played competitively but years ago, people who play occasionally in L3 and woodpushers and beginners in L4. Ask people where they'd place themselves and I bet they'd be reasonably close

Top 3 and bottom 3 would be relegated

You could run an FA Cup parallel to that.

Alternatively you could have something like an 8 or 10 round Swiss tournament - but that needs a sophisticated scoring system.
JCL
8 or 10 round swiss could work. Whats folks thought if this
4 groups of 8 2 day games(or 3) then knock out stages? Need feedback before I set it up tomorrow I hope. Live matches aint gonna work due to peoples work and family commitments, I unfortuntaley (well fortunately if you know me) will be off line for a coupla weeks so wanna get this moving, input requred before I have to check in for the night. Swiss 8/10 sounds ok, but I aint gonna run fa cup and champs league in season one before we conquer the world you now

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Attachments

• knockout.PNG
    knockout.PNG
    25.3 KB · Views: 115
  • groups.png
    groups.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 115
  • groups.png
    groups.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
OK going for a world cup format, 3 games each against your group, top 2 from each group go to the knock outs,3 points for a win, 1 for a stalemate or accepted draw zero for a loss

In the event of equal league points the winner will be adjudicated on pieces remaining in the game(s) between the tied player(s). In the unlikely event that it tied a rematvh. (points total of 9 for a queen, 5 per rook, 3 per bishops as per Knights, pawns 1 point), all games moves to be saved please. Best of 3 in the knockout stages

Will try and get set up today so the battle can commence!

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here