Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sheperds Pie

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Yes.

1. Take 1 tin of Sheba, remove contents and place in dish.
2. Take 90g of Smash, add 450ml (approx. 3/4 pint) of boiling water, mix with a fork. Add more flakes or water for desired texture. (Chef's Tip! For an even more smashing taste, add butter or milk and season with salt & pepper).
3. Dump the prepared Smash on top of the Sheba.
4. Bung the dish in the oven at 180 degrees and leave until cooked.
5. Remove dish from oven and whack the contents onto your plates.
6. Remove cutlery from the cutlery drawer and place a fork in your left hand and a knife in your right hand.
7. Repeat step 6 for as many guests as you are hosting.
8. Use knife and fork to manoeuvre a suitable portion of the Shepherd's Pie onto the fork.
9. Bring the fork to your mouth and enter the tunnel.
10. Masticate until the food is suitably digestible, then swallow.
11. Repeat steps 8-10 until the Shepherd's Pie is finished
12. Encourage your guests to complete stages 8-11 until they too have finished their Shepherd's Pie.
13. Retire with your guests to the living room.
14. Regurgitate fur ball if needed to settle comfortably

Good tips, steps 10 and 14 completed already this morning with some munter whos name I still have to ask

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Might be too faffy if you're going to the match, but slowly braised lamb shoulder(and then pulled) instead of mince would be my suggestion

Sounds expensive but delicious and has made me think replace the marmite with DR Pepper which I do pulled pork with.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
6. Remove cutlery from the cutlery drawer and place a fork in your left hand and a knife in your right hand.

As a left hander, i'm gonna have to switch those over. I'm aware it could DESTROY the whole thing but needs must.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Once you've put your meat mix into the tray push in some cooked brussel sprouts. This works even better if you can build the pie and then leave 24 hours before baking as the flavour increases.

Thats out there!! Food for thought. I'm not sprouts biggest fan but I can see it working if they are a little bit al-dente

Jul 7, 2003
Lose the cheese. Add some swede to the potato top. Add some red wine to the gravy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Inclined to agree....about half those ingredients for me...but hey its always interesting to hear other peoples views ...have to say its one of my favourites ...brings back memories of my Mum on a Monday using the leftover meat from a Sunday roast ..with one of those manual metal meat grinders (?) that could be fixed to the side of a table

Never been a fan of using meat pieces in spag bol, chilli or shepherds/cottage pie. Have eaten it but mince just has an edge when it comes to eating the real deal.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Lose the cheese. Add some swede to the potato top. Add some red wine to the gravy.

Wont lose the cheese in a million years
I've never put snips in the top r indeed mash, I have in the pie itself that could work though
Red wine to the gravy hell yeah, I could replace the marmite with it I suppose, I dont think both are warrented

I want [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] wifes recipe I bet it old school and tops

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
My number one tip would be to wash the lamb mince before you brown it. Takes the edge off the over fatty lamb flavour and gives something much more subtle and complementary to the dish.

That and add maybe 150ml of red wine once the lamb/onion/garlic has been browned. This will deglaze the pan and bring all the flavour into the dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wont lose the cheese in a million years
I've never put snips in the top r indeed mash, I have in the pie itself that could work though
Red wine to the gravy hell yeah, I could replace the marmite with it I suppose, I dont think both are warrented

I want [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] wifes recipe I bet it old school and tops

Cheese crisps the top, I may even make one today, I was ruby inclined but now.... hmmmm

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hold the cheese, mustard, marmite and use beef mince, traditional ingredients, gourmet shepherds pie, whatever next.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Hold the cheese, mustard, marmite and use beef mince, traditional ingredients, gourmet shepherds pie, whatever next.

Traditional ingredients? Beef mince?
Good grief, that is a cottage pie, not a shepherd's pie!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here