Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best Brighton goal you have ever seen live?...

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I wanted to mention the Brian Bromley goal but couldn't remember who it was against. Of course "Every Peter Ward goal" was a good one too

Alan Duffy. Ah. The great hope who confirmed what an Albion hero he was going to be with a cracking debut and that belter of a goal. And that was all of any use that he did.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
i was at all these games but you should add Gerry Ryan's goal in the mud at the Goldstone when he kept dribbling and should have passed but went on to score.
Can't remember who it was against. Was it Coventry?

This is the one that sprang to mind for me, he just kept going.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Just asked son his and his reply was Calderon screamer against Bristol City and David James and funniest was Caldeys in off the face!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'll never forget that forget Deanos free kick v Ipswich to get us in the 1991 play offs

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Me too - looking at the pitch the goal was to my left and down a little.

Didn't see Dave's goal live so I'm ineligible to comment.

Hey thats alomst where we were standing, we could see above the crossbar and the goal was to the left of us. I can still see the free kick in my minds eye, no real finesse just a fantastic strike, straight as an arrow.

Check Daves goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XEZcx8pO9Y

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There have been so many that it is impossible to say. At any one particular time a goal seems good but taking into account the situation that could be surpassed in importance but not execution.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Seen 50% + of our games for the last 30 years. Without hesitation Skalak

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Garry Nelson-what a player! At Brentford in Fa cup early nineties,apparently not on tape! Would love to see it again.One of my favourite eras of the Albion.Bremner,Nelson,Dublin,Chivers,Beeney,Rougvie,Chapman,Curbishley what a great side to watch!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Best goal I attended live was Zamora at Halifax but I was a youngun and can't remember it well. The one I can remember well was Elliott Bennett at Walsall to win the title, that was some strike.

Biggest reaction out of me has to be Buckley at home to Donny.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Jimmy Case @ Highbury mainly because 100,000 Brighton fans were allegedly stood where I was as it banged into the net.
More recently, and at a time when nerves were at an edge, I was at QPR when a free kick was awarded to The Albion on the edge of the box. I called my Daughter on the phone telling her that Knocky was about to put the ball into the net when up stepped Poco and the rest, as they say, is history.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Jimmy Case @ Highbury
Robbie @ Hereford
Garry Nelson @ Brentford
Wilkins against Ipswich
Dale Jasper @ Derby
Gerry Ryan against Man City
Munday @ Leicester
Wardy against Manure
Mellor v Scum 74

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Jimmy Case @ Highbury
Robbie @ Hereford
Garry Nelson @ Brentford
Wilkins against Ipswich
Dale Jasper @ Derby
Gerry Ryan against Man City
Munday @ Leicester
Wardy against Manure
Mellor v Scum 74

Surely Gary Williams v the European champs(Notts Forest)
can also remember Lawro scoring a goal around the same time where he ran the length of the pitch, played a one/two on the edge of the box and then slotted the ball away. Pure Quality! One of my Goldstone pure gold moments!Such a classy player! Feel so lucky i was lucky enough to experience watching such great professionals!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here