Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Because 99% of footballers never form anything other than a superficial playing relationship with supporters - but Calde crossed that divide and really connected with a great majority of us. Wholehearted footballer, intelligent, articulate in his second language and a brilliant bloke.

Deliciously put. Well said that man.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Because 99% of footballers never form anything other than a superficial playing relationship with supporters - but Calde crossed that divide and really connected with a great majority of us. Wholehearted footballer, intelligent, articulate in his second language and a brilliant bloke.

Totally agree, except... English is his third language. :)

That said, he's probably articulate in his second language too.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I so very much miss Calde sightings in Hove. They could instantly cure a hangover. Occasionally I felt it appropriate to wish him a good day and he replied in kind and smiled
That man that man there

Different class

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Within a week the sub continent will forget that Mother Teresa ever existed

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Why? So beacause someone has a different opinion than you and your mates they should just shut up.

If you're not interested in Calderon why come on a thread about him? Also your first post wasn't just you expressing your opinion that you don't care what Calderon is up to it implied that others shouldn't care either.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Worked in Chennai for three months and what I know is that it's bloody hot all the time, even during the night in January (I arrived around 11pm in that month and it was 32 degrees outside). How you play football in that I don't know. Slowly presumably.

Still, if anyone can do it then it's Calde the God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you're not interested in Calderon why come on a thread about him? Also your first post wasn't just you expressing your opinion that you don't care what Calderon is up to it implied that others shouldn't care either.

I agree, and those that do care, have something wrong with them because they care.

Any footballer who spends his summer holiday doing a triathlon to raise money for Chestnut Tree house and always had time for fans away from the Amex, deserves admiration.
Note Gary, I said admiration not infatuation. Don't be so disparaging of others' opinions, and you'll find you can voice yours without criticism.

Totally agree, except... English is his third language. :)

That said, he's probably articulate in his second language too.

I think in order it is Basque, Spanish and English. I believe Basque is a hard language to master. He is now probably studying Hindu or other relevant language to engage with his soon to be legion of new followers :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Same man different continent.

[tweet]938846215755591680[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here