Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st PL game. It's going to be Arsenal at home, isn't it .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I confidently predict it's going to be 'I TOLD YOU SO!' by some randoms posting on this thread who randomly called it right.

The rest of the randoms who randomly called it wrong will quietly let it drop.

Fact.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
To rule out the possibility of all the excitement of a first PL fixture, ending up being the crushing anti-climax of a trip to your 19th Century hovel.

And a first day defeat , I get it .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wembley in the sunshine. I hope this is the first visit on the first weekend for Bournemouth, Brighton or Newcastle.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Just saw this on Brighton Past FB page

19059420_1571982906207287_7951191598741380335_n.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the highest we have ever been in the top flight is 6th. Watford at home would give us a sporting chance of beating that!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll go for Leicester or Everton at home then.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
They haven't played a newly promoted team home or away in the first fixture in the last six seasons. I can't be bothered to look further back than that!

I have much better things to do than check on other peoples posts.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
After asking the PL for a home game for the opener, you'll probably be away to Chelsea !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
After asking the PL for a home game for the opener, you'll probably be away to Chelsea !

I think for our first season in Prem we are allowed to request and will be given a home game. We would obviously like a big or glamour game as an opener so have opted for Huddersfield over Palace.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think for our first season in Prem we are allowed to request and will be given a home game. We would obviously like a big or glamour game as an opener so have opted for Huddersfield over Palace.

I wouldn't put nothing past Barber !

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think so too but there won't be a line of Doc Marten boots behind the North Stand for this one. Anyone else see that old photo?

Yes I have as was in a book written by John Vinecombe charting our first season in D1. That pic has always baffled me. Did it mean the police made everyone wearing DM's to remove them before entering the ground?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here