Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm going to Villa, I would love to see us win it there, I think Tony Bloom , and Chris Hughton deserve it,

However, if we don't win it, what a season, the best since 79, I've loved it, we've relaxed a bit over the last couple of games, but, I have a good feeling about Villa, I hope they leave room on the coach home for some extra baggage.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
....apart from being promoted. Hardy 'massively blowing it' in my book.

Looking forward to Villa now, wasn't too overjoyed at the thought of travelling up for a dead game.
In my book 'massively blowing it' would NOT be going in to the final game of the season at the top of the league, a point ahead of Newcastle, who have to better our result at the coming weekend to overhaul us. Yes, it isn't comfortable but it is eminently do-able if the players have the right attitude, if they are ready, and if the footballing gods are smiling. Yesterday I lost count of the number of shots that were off target. Seemed one of those days where the ball was never going to go in...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
They had one aim this season, promotion. They have achieved it, and are knackered. They celebrated hard.

Very hard to pick yourself up so quickly for the last challenge that is so much secondary to what they have already achieved.

It's not conscious. It's just that extra 10% that they have given for most of the season but just can't tap into anymore. They need the break to go again next season.

Villa will be up for to impress in the last game in front of their home fans. To prove they up to the challenge of going up next season.

Our only hope is Newcastle not winning next week. But I think they are highly motivated to win it.

Personally, having lived in the north east all my life, I think the Newcastle deserve it. They after all beat us home and away, with a degree of fortune true, but a title victory would be a little hollow for me as a consequence.

I agree the players are burnt out - clearly the legs are gone. Knocky was done by Wolves, and one or two have faded badly in recent times. Glenn (ahem), Bruno and even Dunk.

I hope we can win at Villa, but right now, I think it would be a 'shock' result to be perfectly honest.

Well done to the boys and onward we go...

Finally all of this, I'm sure, will have acutely illustrated to Chris and the board that PL level investment is essential. If we remain too loyal to this squad relegation seems inevitable. God, that's awful I know, but only 3 or 4 of this line up can seriously expect to cut it - Anyone disagree?

Kosh

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Personally, having lived in the north east all my life, I think the Newcastle deserve it. They after all beat us home and away, with a degree of fortune true, but a title victory would be a little hollow for me as a consequence.

I agree the players are burnt out - clearly the legs are gone. Knocky was done by Wolves, and one or two have faded badly in recent times. Glenn (ahem), Bruno and even Dunk.

I hope we can win at Villa, but right now, I think it would be a 'shock' result to be perfectly honest.

Well done to the boys and onward we go...

Finally all of this, I'm sure, will have acutely illustrated to Chris and the board that PL level investment is essential. If we remain too loyal to this squad relegation seems inevitable. God, that's awful I know, but only 3 or 4 of this line up can seriously expect to cut it - Anyone disagree?

Kosh

Disagree about deserving a title based on 2 results out of 46. Ridiculous, the team that deserves it is the team with the most points. Either side will rightly deserve it depending on next week. Hollow - I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. Honestly, a really odd thing to say, if we do win it I think you'll be on your own thinking that!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not that many thought we would go and stuff Newcastle at theirs back in 79 to get promotion. Villa have nothing to win but pride. We have a chance to win the greatest league trophy we have ever had a real decent chance of winning.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Disagree about deserving a title based on 2 results out of 46. Ridiculous, the team that deserves it is the team with the most points. Either side will rightly deserve it depending on next week. Hollow - I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. Honestly, a really odd thing to say, if we do win it I think you'll be on your own thinking that!

Ah - but you fail to understand; that the legion of the toon will always claim they defeated us twice - and living with that one is somewhat tougher to take when lost in the fog on the Tyne.

Indeed you might call our yesterday, our 'mist' opportunity - although I never cared for yesterday's, mere fancies in the air.

All the lights have died somehow.
They've taken down the fayre.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Months ago, my dream scenario was wrapping up promotion and going to Villa with a shot at the title. This is now 'worst case'.

We have clearly lost our edge. However, Villa were woeful yesterday, slated by Bruce. They have big injury doubts for Koidja and Jedinak.

All to play for.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I missed out on the Wigan game so was very disappointed that we didn't do it yesterday, but I can see no reason why we can't do the business at Villa. They are professional footballers. All we ever hear is that players want trophies. This is a golden chance at a big ground in front of 5,000 away fans.

All this talk of Villa will want it more? You're kidding right? Time to knuckle down boys and make history

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I missed out on the Wigan game so was very disappointed that we didn't do it yesterday, but I can see no reason why we can't do the business at Villa. They are professional footballers. All we ever hear is that players want trophies. This is a golden chance at a big ground in front of 5,000 away fans.

All this talk of Villa will want it more? You're kidding right? Time to knuckle down boys and make history

2700 away fans, but yes agree no reason we can't go there and get a result - of course we can.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I also think the end of this season will have a big effect on confidence next season. Look at the swagger Burnley took into this campaign compared to Boro. I don't want us going into the Premier League with our tail between our legs.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Anything can still happen .

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Villa are a proud club, and will want to prove a point to their fans next week, and lay down a marker for next season.

Also, one of the teams in form of late, thank god we aren't going there needing a point or three for promotion, as some feared about six weeks ago!

If Brighton fail to win there, I wonder if the players will regret the early holiday sentiment later on, as Champions medals and a trophy would have been a great memento.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The players and Chris lost yesterday so they can win it and celebrate with the REAL and LOYAL fans next week!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Nope.

They have home advantage, we're a slow spent force upfront now and Norwich/Bristol gave them the blueprint to keep us at bay. Bruce will get Hogan and their array of other multi million £ players up for it big time, to deliver a last day win to end on a good note, as a message to their fans that they'll be a force next year.

As they did at Blackburn, you mean?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I also think the end of this season will have a big effect on confidence next season. Look at the swagger Burnley took into this campaign compared to Boro. I don't want us going into the Premier League with our tail between our legs.

There is no evidenc that end of season performance bears any relation to next season. Hull had very poor H2 last season but made POs and might survive with modest investment. Palace had the worst record of any side in late season to get promotion.

Oh, and we have taken 15 points from last 7 games....

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
All the Villa fans will be interested in next weekend is if 'The shit are going down' They'd celebrate as much as we would if we win and the blue half get relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here