Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's worst XI

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Frutos and Turienzo can be added to the list. Judging by your choice of user name, I'll take your opinions with a pinch of salt.

Judging by your posts on this thread, your opinions are probably worth ignoring entirely. :shrug:

I could see the argument for Turienzo and while I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as to list Frutos or Bertin as all-time greats, you'd have to have a BensGrandad level of football knowledge to think that they're among the worst players EVER for the Albion.

Mind you, I suspect you only made the point of responding as you did to provoke a reaction, so well done there. :thumbsup:

As for critiquing people's choices of username...I think there's a saying about glass houses and stones that you might want to think about.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Too drunk to trail through 11 pages but , in case he hasn't already cemented his place alongside Ashley near in defence:
LESS BERRY

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bertie Lutton needs a mention too. Our joint record signing at he time (£25,000 I believe - same as we paid for Ken Beamish). Absolute rubbish - Wolves must have been waiting to snap our hand off for that deal, then laughed all the way to the bank!

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Therefore, as NSC voted (I think):
4-3-3

GK: Henderson
RB: Berry
CB: Hawkins
CB: Thomas
LB: Neal
LCM: Kemy
CM: Gislarson
RCM: Bennett
ST: Best
ST: Turienzo
ST: Mahoney-Johnston

BENCH:
GK: Smith
DF: Carr
DF: Hoyte
MF: Fraser
MF: Crumplin
FW: McCammon
FW: Holroyd

Manager: Micky Adams II (as in his 2nd stint)
Owner: Bill 'Asset-Stripper' Archer and David 'Pembelot' Bellotti

*pembelot = traitor in Malay

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chris Holroyd on TV playing for Macclesfield tonight.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I was one of them.

I can never ever remember seeing a player as bad as Hoyte. It is just a mystery how anyone paid to manage a football team to put him in it.

And what was the name of that massive centre half with the long throw who played a few games at the Withdean then disappeared?

Matt Heath??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Cannot be arsed to name a full eleven.
However, Les Berry, Grant Horscroft, Gavin Geddes,Mark Farrington, should all deserve an honorable mention.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Bertie Lutton needs a mention too. Our joint record signing at he time (£25,000 I believe - same as we paid for Ken Beamish). Absolute rubbish - Wolves must have been waiting to snap our hand off for that deal, then laughed all the way to the bank!

Cobblers - he was great - we signed him for 5,000 and sold him to West Ham for £25,000 (then in the first division) and he was also a Northern Ireland International.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Cobblers - he was great - we signed him for 5,000 and sold him to West Ham for £25,000 (then in the first division) and he was also a Northern Ireland International.

And he was the super sub who turned many of those late, back-from-the-dead wins in the 71-72 promotion season.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Watch the game mate, his runs and his movement pull the defence apart leaving space for others to exploit. The fact he didn't shoot, let alone score, doesn't MATTER. You don't understand the game. :dunce:

Worst team;

Henderson
Hoyte Hawkins Carr Campbell
Carole Fraser Bennett McLeod
Hilton Mahoney-Johnson​

Some good candidates there but:-
Smith over Henderson any day.

No Ashley Neal? The single least talented professional footballer that I've ever seen.

Fraser was not even bad enough to make our worst bench. Plenty more choices for a midfield berth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here