Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt on Monday Night - Applaud or Boo ? - Discuss

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ignore! My head's just not in the right place to show any interest.
Mind you I'll cheer if he makes a mistake and we score as a result.s

Last edited:

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
I will not boo ,as I will be cheering the boys in stripes as this team has made me proud to be an Albion supporter,both on and off the pitch they have shown true class.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My issue with Bridcutt isn't really that he stropped and striked to get his move.

It's more that he did this after pretty much half a season of using our medical facilities to get fit, and then was offski with hardly kicking a ball again for us.

Fair's fair Liam, you owed us the rest of that season, yet sodded off instead.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I won't be there, but rest assured my radio will be getting a stony stare. That'll show him.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Andy Naylor writes that LB 'would consider' returning to Brighton the the circumstances were right!

Hopefully they never will be.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Would we have passed FFP without the sales of Bridcutt and Barnes?

Has anyone considered that the club might have known the deal was going to happen and not wanted to risk their asset? Or that knowing he was leaving, the coaching staff wanted to work with the players they'd have for the remainder of the season?

I tend to think we only got an interpretation of comments that offer us limited insights into what really goes on behind the scenes. There's no way I'll be booing Liam although it's sadly inevitable many will.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Would we have passed FFP without the sales of Bridcutt and Barnes?

Has anyone considered that the club might have known the deal was going to happen and not wanted to risk their asset? Or that knowing he was leaving, the coaching staff wanted to work with the players they'd have for the remainder of the season?

I tend to think we only got an interpretation of comments that offer us limited insights into what really goes on behind the scenes. There's no way I'll be booing Liam although it's sadly inevitable many will.
Nor will I but the way he sulked and refused to play prior to leaving is what probably remains in people's memories. It does mine anyhow. FFP didn't have any bearing on the way he conducted himself.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Nor will I but the way he sulked and refused to play prior to leaving is what probably remains in people's memories. It does mine anyhow. FFP didn't have any bearing on the way he conducted himself.

I don't think he did sulk, my opinion is that that's The Argus's interpretation of Nathan Jones comments.

The club would have known a deal was in the works and almost certainly happening.

The club have to face the press and explain why he is not playing.

My view is the club knew Liam would move on and didn't see the point in playing him when all parties knew they were going their separate ways.

That's how I interpret it, obviously everyone else is free to draw their own conclusions!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think he did sulk, my opinion is that that's The Argus's interpretation of Nathan Jones comments.

The club would have known a deal was in the works and almost certainly happening.

The club have to face the press and explain why he is not playing.

My view is the club knew Liam would move on and didn't see the point in playing him when all parties knew they were going their separate ways.

That's how I interpret it, obviously everyone else is free to draw their own conclusions!
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: OG: "He (Bridcutt) was available for selection but he spoke with Nathan and he said that maybe he would not be focused on the game." #bhafc [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: OG on Bridcutt (cont): "A lot of things are happening around him and he was honest and for this he didn't play." #bhafc

That was from Oscar Garcia.
Its clear from that that Bridcutt gave the manager a decision to make. "OK play me, but I'll probably be crap..."

Very professional. And jolly decent of him too, being as he'd been happily picking up his ten grand a week (or whatever) from the club while the clubs medical staff had spent half the season trying to get him back out on the pitch.

Class act, Liam.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: OG: "He (Bridcutt) was available for selection but he spoke with Nathan and he said that maybe he would not be focused on the game." #bhafc [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: OG on Bridcutt (cont): "A lot of things are happening around him and he was honest and for this he didn't play." #bhafc

That was from Oscar Garcia.
Its clear from that that Bridcutt gave the manager a decision to make. "OK play me, but I'll probably be crap..."

Very professional. And jolly decent of him too, being as he'd been happily picking up his ten grand a week (or whatever) from the club while the clubs medical staff had spent half the season trying to get him back out on the pitch.

Class act, Liam.

Fair enough you have your opinion. I suspect a lot more was said than just those snippets that we're fed. Nathan used the words 'we don't think' or something like that. I think it was far more mutual. If it was so one sided why wasn't he fined?

Whatever his wages were, he was player of the season twice, the money we paid him in total was much better value than some of the money we've wasted on long contracts for players who can't get a look in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here