Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think Holla and Colunga could (that being the operative word) join March and Crofts in the category of feeling like new signings this season - I really feel like both can have something to offer us.

Of course that doesn't detract from the fact that we still need some actual new signings, but having all of our existing players fit, firing and ready to contribute will be vital too.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would loved to have seen Holla in an Gus or Oscar team

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Centre mid has got to be our strongest area of the squad. The options of an in form Holla, Stephens, Ince, Kayal and Crofts looks very tasty indeed, great depth. I may be wrong but it seems as if there is more general squad morale this year too, they all seem to be really enjoying the trip. It's looking a lot better already so far this season.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Think colunga could be a a real success this season, a good pre season bonding with rest of squad, a word in his ear from hughton saying he's an integral part of the team and we could have a real gem

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I thought Holla looked a little heavy last year, looks lean in that pic.

If he can play to his potential with Kayal, then thats a quality pairing in the middle. Add Stephens and Ince and I'm excited.

I'm most interested to see what Kayal can do this season. Given how long he had been out at Celtic, I thought he was our best player in the second half of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm most interested to see what Kayal can do this season. Given how long he had been out at Celtic, I thought he was our best player in the second half of the season.

Agree with this, looked a proper midfield general. Also agree with most of the comments about Colunga - think there is a class player there somewhere. #mojorising

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I asked some Dutch supporters and they mentioned his free kicks, Nothing else. Danny Holla looks a better bet than JFC to me at defending. .

I am much keener on Beram Kayal. Reminds me a bit of Brian Horton in style with an extra turn of acceleration.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All was going well until you added Ince. Would sooner have a fully fit Crofts.

As usual BG you have no idea what you're talking about. Crofts is too slow and will only be a squad player for the club this season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought Colunga was homesick..?

A classic case of something being posted on NSC and it instantaneously becoming "fact".

Since his loan move to Granada he has given interviews to media in both England and Spain that make it clear he and his family were settled in England and he wasn't looking to go out on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here