Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Clutching straws more like

The momentum has slowly been building with the conservatives. Only need to track back to the poll that started this thread. Might run out of time but i think they will just get over the line. 5 more years to come

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lots of bile and bitterness on this thread in the last week or so which is odd when you consider that all we are arguing about now is essentially a difference in priorities and emphasis. All the big ideological battles between left and right were fought in the 70s and 80s and the Left has - for the time being anyway - lost. To the Labour Party of that era their current leadership must look a lot like Tories and to the Tories of that era their current leadership must seem alot like Liberals.

Looking at the latest polls I think election day will come 7 days too late for Labour. and we are in for another 5 years of Con / Lib Dem coalition. Had polling been last Thursday I believe we would be posting about Prime Minister Milliband, but not now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When all is said and done, what is everybody's best guess of the outcome based on the current state of play - as opposed to your personal preference (unless of course they happen to be one and the same?)

I think it will be a wafer thin Tory majority or another Tory - Lib Dem coalition.
I also think UKIP will get significantly more than than their current predicted 13% share of the vote but will still only get 3 or 4 seats at most.

We'll get someone who tries to appease or piss off the multi-rich whom fund our lifestyle, but don't pair the proportion of their wealth that the rest of us do.

Because the super rich and our very generous welfare state don't meet eye to eye, we'll continue to plod along. We'll build a recovery on house prices and everything will be rosy until the next crash. Then we'll talk about thenext generation of those missing out on housing and low wages.

everyone will complain they pay too much tax, but we've all got water and access to cheap food to keep us sustained. Not everyone can boast that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well the police had a good idea of one of the culprits and he was a conservative party member but had insufficient evidence to proceed

Then its a guess. But i am not making a party point, there are many nasty tories as there are in other parties

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Good to see the Liberals establishing their red lines. They are growing some this time and will be far more effective coalition members with the conservatives this time. Great news

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For what's it's worth I had my tyres popped, received hate mail and cabs called to mybhouse in the middle of the night by both Falmer and withdean residents... Many of whom were tories.

Your name's not Jamie is it ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given that the tory vote in Westdene and patcham wards at that time was c75% and most support we received from that area were lib dem/ and the few labour supporters, I think the odds were good

During my time in Westdene I voted for Labour, Tory, Lib Dem and UKIP and we all what assuming makes us don't we ?

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Thing is, you can say what you like to the pollsters, but when push comes to shove and you're standing in that voting booth no-one's going to think: "Hmm, reckon Balls and Milliband will be a good choice to run the country."

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Thing is, you can say what you like to the pollsters, but when push comes to shove and you're standing in that voting booth no-one's going to think: "Hmm, reckon Balls and Milliband will be a good choice to run the country."

I think that is a great point. The country is in a really good place, not great but not rubbish. We are moving forward nicely. Those two create a level of uncertainty. Why gamble it all will be a thought going through many a mind

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Peter Kellner's YouGov new seats projection:
Con 283
Lab 261
SNP 50
LD 32
UKIP 2
Green 1
Lab lose 36 in Scotland and gain 39 elsewhere

In this scenario a Tory Lib Dem coalition could do a deal with the DUP to get their votes for the duration of the parliament in return for financial aid. It would be ironic if the real gainers in this election were not Scotland or Wales but Northern Ireland.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Then its a guess. But i am not making a party point, there are many nasty tories as there are in other parties

Quite.
Read a report about Labour voters being intimidated by aggressive and intimidatory letters from suspected Tories in Plymouth. Although, there are people on this thread who will lie, and tell you that Tories dont resort to that sort of thing. Its just a 'leftie' thing apparently.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I think that is a great point. The country is in a really good place, not great but not rubbish. We are moving forward nicely. Those two create a level of uncertainty. Why gamble it all will be a thought going through many a mind

exactly this,if it ain't broke don't fix it

Cameroon & the Conservative Party have done a stellar job thus far,to vote in the unknown would be foolhardy

Miliband seems a nice enough chap and I think his heart is in the right place,but it's not just him is it,Balls,Harman and a few other Labour MP's don't fill me with any great confidence

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
exactly this,if it ain't broke don't fix it

Cameroon & the Conservative Party have done a stellar job thus far,to vote in the unknown would be foolhardy

Miliband seems a nice enough chap and I think his heart is in the right place,but it's not just him is it,Balls,Harman and a few other Labour MP's don't fill me with any great confidence
Agree with this Sir.:thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Quite.
Read a report about Labour voters being intimidated by aggressive and intimidatory letters from suspected Tories in Plymouth. Although, there are people on this thread who will lie, and tell you that Tories dont resort to that sort of thing. Its just a 'leftie' thing apparently.

Not at all.Good and bad in all walks of life

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Agree with this but what you have to understand is that there are enough dyed in the wool labour supporters who will vote for them no matter what

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here