Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New ticket exchange

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Well done PB
Every option that us fans have wanted has been activated. Cash in bank plus option to cancel if you can get to a match.
Question now is, when does it get activated, When a match is sold out or when only x seats are left (all singles).

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
I wish they would go further than this and make it a requirement that if you are not going to the game you have to sell your ticket.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I wish they would go further than this and make it a requirement that if you are not going to the game you have to sell your ticket.

Hmmmm, how would they do that? I think that would be a step towards stopping people sharing tickets, penalising people for being ill, and having photo ID on tickets

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No.......it’s STH/1901 only.....

Not sure that many away tickets, or home matchday only tickets, get bought and then are unable to be used, must e/ a tiny % and insufficient to warrant having a system like this in place to deal with it.

If it’s fully automated, I don’t see why it couldn’t easily accommodate bronze bought tickets.

Away tickets might be trickier, but they’ve put extras on last minute all season that have sold, so the demand is there.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
There must SURELY be a limit on how many times you are allowed to list your ticket?

Do it mention that anywhere?

They would want to create a situation where it is seen as desirable to buy a STH, benefit from the low pro-rata costs, but only go the 6 big games, and return for all the others (assuming the sell-outs continue, of course...)

You've half answered your question there with "assuming the sell-outs continue..." It may be only the 6 big games with a few more towards the end of the season. The ones that don't sell out will be the games that JCL glory hunter will not want to come to anyway. How many games this season have actually sold out and would also sell all returns under this improved deal I wonder?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If it’s fully automated, I don’t see why it couldn’t easily accommodate bronze bought tickets.

Away tickets might be trickier, but they’ve put extras on last minute all season that have sold, so the demand is there.

Demand to purchase might be, but not about demand to offer for sale. Relatively few I would guess.

Doubt it is fully automated either. It’s easy for STHs as they can deactivate the ST card for the game, but may be harder with matchday tickets that have already been printed ?

Away tickets is even harder - if allocation has been sold out, how do they send the new purchaser a ticket (definitely not fully automated) ? How do they stop the original ticket being used ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Demand to purchase might be, but not about demand to offer for sale. Relatively few I would guess.

Doubt it is fully automated either. It’s easy for STHs as they can deactivate the ST card for the game, but may be harder with matchday tickets that have already been printed ?

Away tickets is even harder - if allocation has been sold out, how do they send the new purchaser a ticket (definitely not fully automated) ? How do they stop the original ticket being used ?

Good points. Particularly regarding away tickets.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Great stuff.

Once we're safe this season I'm gonna CASH IN*.

* Not really

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This may be a daft question but I take it the re-sale tickets just go on sale through the normal ways? There isn't a separate portal for re-sale tickets?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This may be a daft question but I take it the re-sale tickets just go on sale through the normal ways? There isn't a separate portal for re-sale tickets?

Yes, they just appear as vacant seats on the ticketing website (or at least mine did the one time I used the old exchange)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
On the season ticket renewal pack, it said you must attend a minimum of 25% of the games, I’m assuming for the other 75% of the games you should be able to sell your ticket through the exchange.

Seen you on then Huddersfield board

ngoldman

Sep 17, 2012
How do we get 2 or more tickets next to each other using the new exchange?

It's good that the club have made a legit exchange. But one problem (compared to the good old days of "asking around subtly" on NSC) is that now it's going to be really hard to pick up 2 tickets next to each other. On NSC that was often possible, but with the exchange there's virtually no chance of being logged on at the right time and noticing 2 together (which is what I'm looking for, for the Huddersfield game).

Could we start a new Thread for people to notify NSC members in advance when they were planning to put their tickets onto the exchange, particularly if they had 2 or more together (families/groups of mates, I guess), so people like me could get advance warning?

Thrasher

Mar 18, 2018
On the Boundary
couple of pairs available for Leicester now. unfortunately I cant get hold of them. I try to purchase 2 in E3G but have to assign owners - no problem my boy is registered on system - but when adding him as owner will not let me saying that ticket exchange seat can only be full price adult so no good even if I am willing to pay full adult price.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I was going to list my seat and that of my 9 son, but despite trying, I haven't worked out how to list his seat yet. The system only offers me the option to list my seat. Am I being thick?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was going to list my seat and that of my 9 son, but despite trying, I haven't worked out how to list his seat yet. The system only offers me the option to list my seat. Am I being thick?

You need to log on separately for each ST you want to place up for sale - ie using your son's fan number. Easy to register if he hasn't already.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
You need to log on separately for each ST you want to place up for sale - ie using your son's fan number. Easy to register if he hasn't already.

Cheers. Very helpful, have done what you said and it worked. Listed the boys first, then logged out and logged in as me - I could see his ticket had been listed for exchange. A bit odd that I can't list it from my account (given I pay for it) but that's nitpicking.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here