Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
We're short on Premier League experience.
Playing one up front, we have Murray who is reliable in front of goal and Hemed who can battle defenders for 90 minutes. From what I remember of Ulloa. he can do both.
Murray and Hemed are both better with a striking partner, we bought Ulloa to play in Poyet's system as a single striker between two wingers. He was very good at it.
He may be similar to what we have, but if we are looking for extra strikers, he is known quantity to us and we are a known quantity to him. Little risk of him not settling.
He scored quite a few important goals from the bench for Leicester.* I'm sure one or two of us remember his knack for a vital goal in a pressure game:

*Weirdly, Leicester are very grateful to him for his cool conversion of a pressure penalty to get a point from West Ham towards the end of their title winning season. He must have converted a few penalties for us, but we only remember him taking the one.

I think you'll find that was his only penalty for us. He certainly never scored from one - spanish Dave took them most of the time.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think he meant to be partonising, he was just trying to help you understand how Chris picks the team.

He's only partonising during the day. 9 to 5.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think this is a great deal for us. We get a good player for a few months without breaking the bank and can review things in the summer. He will definitely give us a lift and as we know is quite a handful for defenders.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ulloa doesn't need the perfect assist to score a goal, he's a class above Hemed and Baldock and potentially a really good signing. He'll thrive off Gross playing behind, and Suttner's dangerous crosses.

I am excited!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ulloa doesn't need the perfect assist to score a goal, he's a class above Hemed and Baldock and potentially a really good signing. He'll thrive off Gross playing behind, and Suttner's dangerous crosses.

I am excited!

This.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Pretty sad when we have to rely on old friends. But Zamora worked well for us. Hoping he does come. Leicester papers say he will.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Pretty sad when we have to rely on old friends. But Zamora worked well for us. Hoping he does come. Leicester papers say he will.

Apart from Peter Ward and Dean Wilkins and Steve Foster and Steve Sidwell and Bobby Zamora and Glenn Murray, when has re-signing or loaning an old player ever worked for us?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here