Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Barnsley

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would change formation for the away game as we've been conceding too easily.
I would play Sidwell, Kayal, Stephens with Murray upfront by himself.

We could always bring on another forward if we need to later on
Maybe we should do this in all away games :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stick to our 4-4-2 guns, no need to panic... let the opposition worry about us...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would change formation for the away game as we've been conceding too easily.
I would play Sidwell, Kayal, Stephens with Murray upfront by himself.

We could always bring on another forward if we need to later on

Won't be popular on here, but I do think there's something in thinking about a midfield three in away games. I also think it might just bring more out of March and Knockaert.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think now we are really missing Rosenior. For the tough away games he would be an excellent option for a wide right midfield role to bring some stability.

Agreed. The good news is that, beyond Barnsley, we haven't got an away game for two and a half weeks. Might be ready to come on then, at the very least.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Won't be popular on here, but I do think there's something in thinking about a midfield three in away games. I also think it might just bring more out of March and Knockaert.

Tricky one because we usually look best when Baldock is stretching play and creating space for CF or wingers to run into..........poss worth a go though

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tricky one because we usually look best when Baldock is stretching play and creating space for CF or wingers to run into..........poss worth a go though

I'm with you here, and especially what Baldock brings in a 4-4-2. It's by no means obvious what to do given we're now 2/3 through the season, and with that vital 15 game run-in. If we do make it to the PL, I suspect 4-4-2 (and even Baldock) will go by the wayside, but CH needs to focus on how to get us there.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think now we are really missing Rosenior. For the tough away games he would be an excellent option for a wide right midfield role to bring some stability.

Remember thinking at the Walsall game he was the only player trying all through the match.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

God that ridiculous tackle, totally unnecessary, intentional, just a yellow card, still fuming now. He needs to get it from the moment he steps off that bus to the moment he leaves. Our 'nice club' reputation needs to be suspended for their visit... :censored:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Get a good solid performance under the belt, stiffen up the midfield and get Kayal back in the fold as he could make a difference once he's firing on all cylinders. So:

Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Kayal
Stephens
Sidwell

Murphy
Knockaert

Murray

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports