Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What a pile of shit that was from the Steelers, tie game with a team that went 0-16 last season. I know Browns have made some serious off season moves but we should beat them.

Been saying it for 2 years, Ben isn't the same anymore. So inconsistent!

Hopefully that's our 'play down to an inferior opponent on the road' game done early this year. BB started last year rusty and finished strong. I quite like that Fichtner and BB seemed to want to put a lot more of the offence in BB's hands and there was definitely an attempt to have him play from outside the pocket a little more than the Haley years. I just think that in the middle of a ****ing monsoon probably wasn't the wisest time to do it.

Still think we're a playoff team. Still think the AFC is weak so we have a chance once we make it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Brilliant Browns stat here

"The Browns are +5 in takeaways today. Since the Browns returned to the NFL, teams with a turnover margin of +5 or better in a game are 132-4-1. The Browns are responsible for two of those losses and the tie."

Ha! That's a typical Browns stat! (I'm almost proud of it). Ditto in order to win in OT we only needed a simple field goal. Could we do it? Could we f...,.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great win for the Skins and more encouraging a reasonably competent performance. An improved run game meant we have kept our receiving cards close to our chests looking to forward to seeing if we can open up next week against the Colts.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
A Tie! What a fourth quarter comeback! No 0-16 for us this season! Ok it was only against the Steelers and not a decent team (and they turned it over six times), but still. We'd have folded last season. Pity we couldn't nick it in O/T, but still, baby steps and all that.

Here we go Brownies Woof! Woof!

And yet I feel totally deflated this morning like we lost again....

Intercepted going for glory as the clock was winding down when only a few more yards would get us in FG range - then a bonehead play from Garrett, after the Schobert pick, to make what would've been a relatively easy chip shot FG a lot more difficult in those conditions.

Seriously, how Browns can you get?!

I know everyone is slating the offense, but in those conditions I dont think we could expect much better tbh from either team. They forecast 7 inches of rain beforehand, and it probably wasn't much short of that tbh. Someone I know was out there for the game, and going by his photos I think its an excusable performance....but they wont have that excuse every week. Taylor will know it wasn't good enough, but if you've ever tried throwing a wet football you would know just how slippery it is - the rain totally screws up your game - so he has a good chance to move on & show what he can do next week, as long as the OL get themselves sorted!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I know everyone is slating the offense, but in those conditions I dont think we could expect much better tbh from either team. They forecast 7 inches of rain beforehand, and it probably wasn't much short of that tbh. Someone I know was out there for the game, and going by his photos I think its an excusable performance....but they wont have that excuse every week. Taylor will know it wasn't good enough, but if you've ever tried throwing a wet football you would know just how slippery it is - the rain totally screws up your game - so he has a good chance to move on & show what he can do next week, as long as the OL get themselves sorted!

Anyone having a go at the Browns offence at this moment in time needs their head checked. Your quarterback, starting running back & top wide receiver are all in the first year, there's no time to have built cohesion. How may picks would Kizer have thrown yesterday?

Come back to the Browns offensive performance around the mid-season mark. If there hasn't been all that much progress, I think it'll be time for Hue Jackson to go.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Just after getting into NFL after watching the documentaries Last Chance U on Netflix and All Or Nothing on Prime.

I'm also pretty addicted to the Madden mobile app.

Anyways as I don't really have any team that I support I'm thinking of putting a bet on a team to win the Superbowl to make it interesting.

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/super-bowl/winner

Any recommendations on who I should pick?

At first glance at the odds I'm leaning towards LA Rams because I visited LA before and they're second favourites so presumably decent?

Hope you don't shoot me down to much for being so clueless :shootself

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS - NSC.

One of the GOAT's makes plays a GOATesque game and you're all bibbling about the Brown's being shite...

well der!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just after getting into NFL after watching the documentaries Last Chance U on Netflix and All Or Nothing on Prime.

Anyways as I don't really have any team that I support I'm thinking of putting a bet on a team to win the Superbowl to make it interesting.

At first glance at the odds I'm leaning towards LA Rams because I visited LA before and they're second favourites so presumably decent?

Don’t pick the Colts. Hope this helps :)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Great win for the Skins and more encouraging a reasonably competent performance. An improved run game meant we have kept our receiving cards close to our chests looking to forward to seeing if we can open up next week against the Colts.

Positive start, and been a while since I said that. Thought Smith looked in control and run game certainly helped him... also defense looks to have come on leaps and bounds.

But only one game... if we can avoid the injuries from last season especially on the O-Line and keep the backs and Reed fit who knows might even get a winning record this year !!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

We'll do this by elimination:

You've already been told not the Colts. I'd add to that list the Bills, Lions, Browns (sadly) and Raiders. I'm sure others can add a few.

PS - The Vikings are my outside tip to win it if you want to look beyond the usual favourites (Pats/Eagles/Ravens) - so don't pick them either.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Support the Bears, I can relate them to Brighton so often.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We'll do this by elimination:

You've already been told not the Colts. I'd add to that list the Bills, Lions, Browns (sadly) and Raiders. I'm sure others can add a few.

PS - The Vikings are my outside tip to win it if you want to look beyond the usual favourites (Pats/Eagles/Ravens) - so don't pick them either.
Vikings must be up there as of the favourites, Shirley? NFCCG last year, #1 ranked defence plus they’ve upgraded their QB.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bears are a good shout, their defence has playmakers at every level, if Trubisky can step up the offence is pretty stacked too.

They looked really good first half last night. They looked really terrible second half. Typical Bears. They might do okay in another division but probably not the NFC North.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here