Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Fish n chips

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Any suggestions for a nice, sit in, fish and chip shop in Brighton or anywhere within 10 miles of Lewes ?

Cheers.

Why 10 miles of Lewes ? Is this where West Ham are staying and they are looking to book their pre match meal in month ?

How do you think West Ham will do in the next few games ?
I guess it could be possible the Brighton game is possibly where you maybe looking to pick up your first points of the season.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Always heard good things about Trawlers in Seaford, from F+C connoisseurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
wolfies doesnt feel like a proper chip shop, but it is good.....

It's also not a sit-down restaurant (as per the OP's request). It's excellent though - Mrs Gwylan speaks very highly of the pie and mash.

I'd say Regency or Melrose on Brighton seafront - they're both a step up from your average chippie

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's also not a sit-down restaurant (as per the OP's request). It's excellent though - Mrs Gwylan speaks very highly of the pie and mash.

I'd say Regency or Melrose on Brighton seafront - they're both a step up from your average chippie

But it has tables outside and a bar with stools inside if need be.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Whenever i go to the chippy i never have fish. I'm just not a fishy person.

Instead i always have a succulent Steak & Kidney Pukka pie with rich gravy & wonderful flaky pastry.

Very similar, but I'm not a chippy person either so I have pukka pie 'n' pukka pie. All that lovely tender offal and watery gravy does it for me :bowdown:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Whereas Jupps always seems good quality.

Another vote for Jupp's (not been there for a couple of years mind).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Any suggestions for a nice, sit in, fish and chip shop in Brighton or anywhere within 10 miles of Lewes ?

Cheers.

If you're heading east, there's a nice one in Polegate, on the High Street. Well, there's two, but the one I'm thinking of is on the Willingdon side of the level crossing, in the parade of shops.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

I like the Regency and the Melrose, particularly sitting outside in the summer (next to the dual carriageway :wink:) but although the setting isn't as good, I still think Bankers do the best Fish and Chips (and for me, better than Bardsleys)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The 3 best ones I know are Bankers either western rd or church road Hove and the regency on the seafront by the i360. Fresh local caught fish.

We are lucky Brighton and Hove has lots of great takeaways and restaurants the standard and choice rapidly declines out in the provinces and suburbs

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Welcome House on Kingston Broadway in Shoreham (just down from Tescos and Marks and Sparks) used to do the best fish and chips I'd ever tasted, a bit of a wait but always fresh.

But think it might have closed down

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here