Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Autobiographies

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I have a busy travel schedule for work involving long haul flights and would like to grab a couple of Albion related autobiographies (late 80's, early to mid 90's if possible - nostalgia trip from my youth) to see me through if anyone knows of any?

Cheers!

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Garry Nelson - Left Foot Forward and Left Foot in the Grave

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Alan Mullery The Autobiography, a bit early though perhaps, Jimmy Case has written a good one too, can't recall the name of it though.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Alan Mullery's and Peter Wards were both good reads...

I enjoyed Mullers book too, although he did take poetic license a tad too far, describing his life in London during the blitz. He must have had a remarkable memory, considering he was only born the year the blitz took place, 1941.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mark Lawrenson - my journey from fantastic footballer to unfunny whingeing pundit.

What's that? It hasn't been written yet? Just a matter of time, I'm sure ....

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Picked up both Garry Nelson books, Jimmy Case and saw Dick Knight's so went for that too fully expecting a 200 page vanity project. I'll grab Wardy's at some point too.

Thanks all!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bugle by Robert Codner is an excellent read as is Happy Go Tucky by Stuart Tuck, but I agree that you can't beat Left Foot Forward.

I'd avoid Valur Gislason's encyclopaedia of Medieval Icelandic Poetry though as I found it a little hard going in places, what with not being able to read medieval Icelandic.

Jul 7, 2003
There's always Charlie Oatway's book. Just to keep the thread going...

The OP is going on a long haul flight. Charlie's book could be read Hove to Brighton shuttle train

Not Albion, but this is the greatest football book I've ever read. Possibly the greatest book, of all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamo-Def...F8&qid=1534843234&sr=1-2&keywords=dynamo+kiev

Dynamo - Defending the honour of Kiev (Andy Dougan)

Totally agree - fantastic book.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here