Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well said.

Richard Osman has it right, too

https://twitter.com/richardosman/status/1016204459695894528

[tweet]1016204459695894528[/tweet]

I kind of agree, but with the extra of bit of Triggering Article 50 and then calling a General Election. That was stupid at the time and a bigger mistake, even under the assumption that they would increase their majority; to go on and lose the majority altogether was the greatest political mistake in history!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Where's [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] to tell us how great a job the government are doing and how worse off we'd be with Labour in power?

Disclaimer: Not a Corbyn fan.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It’s incredible how May keeps on surviving these things. We should have had a new PM a year ago.

Well , I am not sure how many bods would seriously have liked to have taken over the poisoned chalice of Brexit negotiations.
Much easier to wait until it is all done and then make a move.

larus

Hello [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], good morning :wave:

Good evening [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]. Well, it is here anyway.

Still all to play for in this IMO. It’s far from certain that her ‘plan’ (I’m being generous to her) will get backing from the EU, much less all of the other parliaments. I am still hopeful of a cleaner break than many want, and supposedly there has been a lot mod preparations ‘in the background’ (of course, I have no first hand knowledge, but no one on here doors either to be able to disprove).

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
David Davis confrontational approach to Brexit as a battle between them and us was never going to work,

Mrs May has missed an opportunity in not appointing Michael Gove I am no Gove fan but I can see he is the most able and imaginative minister in the current government,

Mr Raab time will tell trouble is there's not much of it left.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Betrayal means betrayal.

Proof if ever it was needed that the Tories will do whatever they need to do to keep their fat cat mates in global business happy.

Not that the Tories (and their supporters) in the Labour Party would have done anything different.

Time for a revolution, democracy is pointless.

Polishing the pitch fork and making a list just in case.
The liberal remoaners will get it first.

:whistle:emoji added for the bedwetters

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
And government paralysis continues. Now Housing is going to suffer.

This constant reshuffling is making it completely impossible for anything at all to get done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even worse clueless dickheads who have no sense of money. If peeps think it is bad now wait until they eventually come in. More jobs than ever will leave as higher business taxes are set
Sure the rich kids will leave, but good riddance, our country will be more equal as a result. Equally poor I grant you, but equal none the less.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Given the recent months I would hope, and it’s a desperate hope I concede, that both parties would have a seriously long hard look at themselves and the situation we are in, and put something sensible on the table. The current situation, from both parties, is a total ****ing mess and something has to change. This cannot carry on. And the British public should not let it carry on.

The British public were the idiots that voted for this oh so fxxking predictable ridiculous shambles. And in sad reality, most are so tied into the 'carrying out the will of the electorate' mantra that even many of the remainers would back a really hard Brexit over a second vote.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I kind of agree, but with the extra of bit of Triggering Article 50 and then calling a General Election. That was stupid at the time and a bigger mistake, even under the assumption that they would increase their majority; to go on and lose the majority altogether was the greatest political mistake in history!

The referendum, triggering of article 50, the snap GE - ALL done in the name of personal ambition and the retention of power. Cameron, Johnson, May et al have this as their legacy, they will not suffer as a result of their cynical manoeuvering but many will. They will still be part of the wealthy elite, they have little to worry about, meanwhile many look forward to an uncertain future because Cameron had no plan in the event of a defeat, Johnson had no plan other than to jump on side with whichever way gave him the best opportunity to become PM, and because May cynically took opportunity of the power vacuum without any of the requisite skills, gravitas of humility to run the country.

They have managed to divide us in to a mess of brexiteers vs remainers yet none of us truly have the foggiest (despite what some claim) what brexit will actually mean, or look like. It's a pathetic state of affairs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here