Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brazil v Costa Rica

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a horrible bunch they are.

They're meant to be pure samba football, off the beaches, and yet they're a bunch of cheating horrible tossers, the players, the manager, their bench. There is no honour or legend about Brazil. That legend is long dead. This lot can do one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There really is very little justice. Costa Rica have been niggly at times but looked to have done a sensational job.

Brazil don't look all that and, on early evidence, neither do Spain, Geramny and France while Argentina might not even get out of the group. This tournament is wide open, and that includes us for now.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brilliant by Firmino & Coutinho.

Going against the NSC grain of everyone hating Brazil and all the big nations, I’m pleased.

Massed defence and momentum denying fouls, are in danger of dominating this WC. Which may be the lowest goals scored per WC in history?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What a horrible bunch they are.

They're meant to be pure samba football, off the beaches, and yet they're a bunch of cheating horrible tossers, the players, the manager, their bench. There is no honour or legend about Brazil. That legend is long dead. This lot can do one.
Agreed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Neymar doesn't even have enough class to congratulate the Costa Rica players.

Makes it all about him.

tosser

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was supporting Costa Rica right up to the 85th minute or so, but I went right off them in the last 10. All that play-acting was frankly embarrassing and they did themselves no favours - a strong back to the wall effort could have got them over the line but they became more obsessed with faking injury, lost their shape and were rightly punished. It was pathetic really.

Brazil kept going strongly to the end and deserved that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brilliant by Firmino & Coutinho.

Going against the NSC grain of everyone hating Brazil and all the big nations, I’m pleased.

Massed defence and momentum denying fouls, are in danger of dominating this WC. Which may be the lowest goals scored per WC in history?

They are launching a new table football in honour of this tournament:

g0uxcm66h4a01.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But AGAIN? VAR has been mostly hopeless by either making extremely marginal decisions that have ignored the referee's original opinion (France pen) or just not being used at all (Tunisia game x2).
Yes, again. The times VAR may have got it wrong are very marginal. There have been a few clearly correct overturned decisions. There was a penalty not given some games ago, that was overturned correctly, but can't remember who.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here