Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] mugged ourselves there

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We are talking about the Brighton game today.Which game are you talking about?

Leicester have match winners to turn an average performance for 70 minutes, into a win. The PL has always been this way. Palace and the biased media thought they were world-beaters against ManU and Liverpool yet the visiting fans went away laughing. Perhaps £100m’s buys squads/benches able to grab the spoils against gallant losers?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Miss a penalty and an open goal at this level and you can expect to lose. First half I thought we were great and although I was gutted to lose, we have enough to stay up as long as we play with the confidence and style we did in the first half.

We have to start taking the chances though

Leicester are in your face battlers and we have struggled against sides like that all season. Today I thought we passed and moved brilliantly in the first half and if we had taken the lead, which we should have done, I think we would have won and at least got a precious point. Hopefully Huddersfield will feel the backlash of today’s frustrating result. We have come so far since that pathetic performance at Leicester and we now look like a Premier League team, we just have to stay up and I think the future is rosy.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yes, I thought the movement was sublime at times. All very slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some lovely football today. Leicester in comparison we're bang average i thought for all the money they've spent. Yes they stepped up the last 20 , but i feel only because they were galvanised after we missed the pen. Such a shame.

Onwards... 3 points next week (or any week between now and the end of the season - certainly won't need more than that to stay up) and all will be forgotten

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like everyone else was at the end extremely p'd off but in the cold light of dusk the facts are like Man United away in the cup we played well with no end result. Leicester did a job on us and if we stay up, which we should, this season has been a massive learning curve in that unlike the Championship you cannot afford to create chances and not put them away. You simply have to put in 9 out of 10 chances created and be clinical in the last third of the pitch or teams like Leicester will punish you as they have quality even though they were poor for large portions of the game. Being positive games like this will be a good schooling exercise for next season and we have learned a lot this season. We do need 3 points from the next 2 games I think to be safe as we do not need to have to rely on points in the last 5 games. Chris will be furious we lost this one for sure

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Leicester have match winners to turn an average performance for 70 minutes, into a win. The PL has always been this way. Palace and the biased media thought they were world-beaters against ManU and Liverpool yet the visiting fans went away laughing. Perhaps £100m’s buys squads/benches able to grab the spoils against gallant losers?

You said Leicester were the better team.I disagree.It was at least 50/50.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Wasn’t impressed with Leicester at all. I thought some of our football at times was really neat, especially in the first half down the right flank. Locadia looked decent but tailed off a fair bit. Issue was we didn’t test the keeper at all and Leicester made us pay in typical Premier League fashion. Must take chances when they arrive! Reality is there are far worse teams than us and a win next week and we can nearly start to think about next season!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This. No way did we 'deserve' to win today. 15 shots and only 3 on target, one a weak penalty and another a free kick easily tipped over the bar. Only real test was Gross's shot. Jose too selfish cost us a goal and Murray, if you're going to stagger your run up then you should be putting the penalty to the opposite direction the keeper dives to, the way Hemed does.

well lents not leave out bong who although was reasonable most of the game gifted iborra the free header and then failed to connect with his head at the other end when less than a metre from goal ...it is impossible to control a header in any way when you are looking at the ground between your legs ......schoolboy header effort and numerous schoolboy passing throughout the game ....seeing as we are pointing at people i don't think you can leave him out.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I like everyone else was at the end extremely p'd off but in the cold light of dusk the facts are like Man United away in the cup we played well with no end result. Leicester did a job on us and if we stay up, which we should, this season has been a massive learning curve in that unlike the Championship you cannot afford to create chances and not put them away. You simply have to put in 9 out of 10 chances created and be clinical in the last third of the pitch or teams like Leicester will punish you as they have quality even though they were poor for large portions of the game. Being positive games like this will be a good schooling exercise for next season and we have learned a lot this season. We do need 3 points from the next 2 games I think to be safe as we do not need to have to rely on points in the last 5 games. Chris will be furious we lost this one for sure

it was a good performance from us but littered with our congenital short comings , lack of finishing , poor passing/shooting decisions around oppo's box and one particular moment of inadequate defending that gifted them their first goal

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
well lents not leave out bong who although was reasonable most of the game gifted iborra the free header and then failed to connect with his head at the other end when less than a metre from goal ...it is impossible to control a header in any way when you are looking at the ground between your legs ......schoolboy header effort and numerous schoolboy passing throughout the game ....seeing as we are pointing at people i don't think you can leave him out.

You might upset the Bong fan club with a post like that. The player is like a god in their eyes!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was a one-off anomaly. That's why they were 5000/1 or whatever when they won it.
And flirted with relegation in the seasons either side of that anomaly.

The thread title sums it up perfectly.
Having spent half of the week pointing out that very few fans think this is a 'turn up and win' game, I spent most of it thinking blimey we just had to turn up to win against this outfit.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Of the two chances 'missed', I believe Murray was flagged offside for his first half miss and Bong's miss was irrelevant as the ref gave a free kick for a foul on the keeper.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Remember this team won the league a couple of years ago so it was not unexpected they took three points today.

It wasn't unexpected to me. Leicester aren't near the top of the PL by luck. £100m's spent on players fees and wages have got them there. It was a dangerous game for us and they'd already outclassed a nervous Albion at their place. But we more than held our own until we tired. Any Albion fan who thought beforehand that LCFC at the Amex was a near certain 3 points was 'very optimistic' to say the least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of the two chances 'missed', I believe Murray was flagged offside for his first half miss and Bong's miss was irrelevant as the ref gave a free kick for a foul on the keeper.

Murray wasn't flagged offside.
My default movement when attacking the South is to instantly look for the lino before celebrating (I don't want to get up unless I have too :lol:)
He didn't flag and I genuinely celebrated unable to fathom how it wasn't a goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here