Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
It was abundantly obvious that this would happen when Parish made a Zaha a virtual hostage at Selhurst Park by hanging a £75m price tag around his neck in the summer. Not only do they have a player who obviously doesn't want to be there, they have a player who resents being denied a decent career move and who's value appears to be plummeting with every sulky, petulant and ineffectual performance.

It would appear Parish is as inept at employee engagement as he is with supporter engagement. What did he think would happen by forcing a fragile character like Zaha to stay? Parish really is useless and long may he contine to be so.

No one forced him to sign a 5 year contract, which pays him (allegedly) £100K a week.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
True, but probably the wrong club at the wrong time for him. He's a few years older now and I reckon he would most likely have benefitted professionally, personally and emotionally from a move this summer to a bigger club.
I don't think we wanted him. Failed the 'no dickheads' test.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was abundantly obvious that this would happen when Parish made a Zaha a virtual hostage at Selhurst Park by hanging a £75m price tag around his neck in the summer. Not only do they have a player who obviously doesn't want to be there, they have a player who resents being denied a decent career move and who's value appears to be plummeting with every sulky, petulant and ineffectual performance.

It would appear Parish is as inept at employee engagement as he is with supporter engagement. What did he think would happen by forcing a fragile character like Zaha to stay? Parish really is useless and long may he contine to be so.

Isn’t it.......fantastic? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the rumour was Spurs were interested, but he's not better than Eriksen, Alli, Son, Lucas or Lamela, nor are they short of home grown players, so his price tag and wages put an end to that interest if I recall correctly.

That's clearly nonsense. He's the third best player in the world, and the only reason they didn't buy him is because Levy had to pay more money for the stadium, otherwise he would have gladly parted with the £70+m, because that is a bargain for someone as talented as Zaha, and he is famous for paying asking prices.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving them turning on Dwayne.
I assume the whole division/country know they are a one man team except themselves.

'How do you stop palace?'
'Play Zaha out of the game'

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Loving them turning on Dwayne.
I assume the whole division/country know they are a one man team except themselves.

'How do you stop palace?'
'Play Zaha out of the game'

...like we did. Turned him into a petulant knobber. Don’t think March has had enough credit for ruining him.

Ah wait. He already was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...like we did. Turned him into a petulant knobber. Don’t think March has had enough credit for ruining him.

Ah wait. He already was.

I'm sure 'cry in a minute' helped. :lol:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
That's clearly nonsense. He's the third best player in the world, and the only reason they didn't buy him is because Levy had to pay more money for the stadium, otherwise he would have gladly parted with the £70+m, because that is a bargain for someone as talented as Zaha, and he is famous for paying asking prices.

And Joniesta is the fourth best right?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As a "local" you have to oddly admire them in a sense. Able to sustain being the Premier League with a ground that isn't just a throw back to 70s but something that even the Victorians would condemn.

However seriously, rather than punching above their weight this is a London club who deserve to be in top league based on their "success" but have been completely sucked into the money in money out problem in football.

The lack of investment in their infrastructure is frightening.
If they get relegated this time I believe they are well and truly f#####.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As a "local" you have to oddly admire them in a sense. Able to sustain being the Premier League with a ground that isn't just a throw back to 70s but something that even the Victorians would condemn.

However seriously, rather than punching above their weight this is a London club who deserve to be in top league based on their "success" but have been completely sucked into the money in money out problem in football.

The lack of investment in their infrastructure is frightening.
If they get relegated this time I believe they are well and truly f#####.
Admin, rinse, repeat....the palace way.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
True, but probably the wrong club at the wrong time for him. He's a few years older now and I reckon he would most likely have benefitted professionally, personally and emotionally from a move this summer to a bigger club. No surprise he's effectively 'on strike' at the moment. Can't believe Parish didn't see that comng down the line when made it impossible for him to move on in the summer.

They should have bought him a car.

I don't think we wanted him. Failed the 'no dickheads' test.

Yes, we've got enough of those already.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Behind who? Modric and Ronaldo?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
At the risk of boring everyone with the Dwayne situation, isn't it true that Manchester United have a sell-on clause? So even if our chums in Croydon get market value from the South London Pele, they'll only be able to afford Messi and Modric but not Neymar as well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At the risk of boring everyone with the Dwayne situation, isn't it true that Manchester United have a sell-on clause? So even if our chums in Croydon get market value from the South London Pele, they'll only be able to afford Messi and Modric but not Neymar as well.
Correct.

A substantial sell on by all accounts, they'll probably do a simple swap deal for Messi and Suarez instead.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I thought it was just a rumour. We need some actual journalists to join NSC, as they know more.

:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here