Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When you watch the Albion

When you watch the Albion

• Total voters

el punal

I'm just happy to watch MY team, whatever the outcome.
Surely that's what its all about :)

Yes, fine words n’all that, but I remember back in 1972/73 we lost 13, yes, THIRTEEN!! f***ing games on the trot!!! How I would
have loved a sneaky, undeserved, scrappy shitfest 1-0 win then. Still, we came through it and look where we are today. :cheers:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think I've seen all scenarios in nearly 40 years, I do want to be entertained, I enjoy watching good football, at any level. Obviously I want my team to win, but would rather ( if it doesn't matter too much, say tomorrow for example) see us loose in style than a defeatist attitude of dull negativity from the outset. You'll never win if you don't try to.

the 90's gave us a roller coaster, we were utter Shyte quite a lot, but the will to survive was strong, and that was entertaining. Totally different situation now

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Expectations are far too high at the moment . We are fighting relegation and until we start getting young players coming through that will continue.People need to be patient. It will take years so look at the big picture. Dan Ashworth is part of the puzzle so be patient.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Expectations are far too high at the moment . We are fighting relegation and until we start getting young players coming through that will continue.People need to be patient. It will take years so look at the big picture. Dan Ashworth is part of the puzzle so be patient.

Cannot accept that expecting us to compete with some style against fellow strugglers is unreasonable. Obviously against the top six just avoiding a stuffing is a great result home, and away but to give the team and management a carte blanche to set up not to lose against every team in the division is bollocks, again imo.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes, fine words n’all that, but I remember back in 1972/73 we lost 13, yes, THIRTEEN!! f***ing games on the trot!!! How I would
have loved a sneaky, undeserved, scrappy shitfest 1-0 win then. Still, we came through it and look where we are today. :cheers:
Spot on sir :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To win, no matter what it takes.

The entertainment can come later when the club can afford to buy the proven game changers that clubs such as Leicester and Everton can afford.

If we started losing regularly to Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs 4-2 or 5-3, but “gave it a right go” with our current very limited squad, I’d f*cking hate it.

The above does not excuse CH should we be outclassed by little old Hudd again. He doesn’t need to go gung ho, but he needs to deliver a midfield 5 with fight, tenacity and pace for 90 minutes. That’s very doo-able as Wagner on a lower budget has done that to us for 2 years.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To win, no matter what it takes.

The entertainment can come later when the club can afford to buy the proven game changers that clubs such as Leicester and Everton can afford.

If we started losing regularly to Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs 4-2 or 5-3, but “gave it a right go” with our current very limited squad, I’d f*cking hate it.

The above does not excuse CH should we be outclassed by little old Hudd again. He doesn’t need to go gung ho, but he needs to deliver a midfield 5 with fight, tenacity and pace for 90 minutes. That’s very doo-able as Wagner on a lower budget has done that to us for 2 years.

Spot on, the blanket acceptance of being the dullest team in the league because we are “new boys without a massive budget” regardless of who we are playing does not wash with me.

We would not get turned over by everyone if we occasionally tried to put teams to the sword with a bit of flair and attacking intent, especially against teams around us. We might lose a few but I’ll take one win and two defeats having played with spirit rather than three draws relying on not conceding and backs to the wall defending, even when we have taken the lead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Take the win, obviously.

When it comes to entertainment I'm incredibly easily pleased.
A Gross Cryuff Turn in the first 5 minutes and anything else is a bonus.
A 'Shane's ball' challenge is equally entertaining,

People no longer get out of their seats when Jose's on the ball, or AK for that matter, which is a shame.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Result first. Take Tuesday night for example, I would rather see us win one nil against Palace having had one shot on goal against their 25 attempts than lose 4-3 . It goes without saying we go wanting to be entertained and it is a bonus when we play well AND win but wanting to be entertained every game regardless of the results smacks a little bit of the casual or plastic fan who is not so concerned about our league position ( awaits flaming replies.....how dare you ect ect)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Result first. Take Tuesday night for example, I would rather see us win one nil against Palace having had one shot on goal against their 25 attempts than lose 4-3 . It goes without saying we go wanting to be entertained and it is a bonus when we play well AND win but wanting to be entertained every game regardless of the results smacks a little bit of the casual or plastic fan who is not so concerned about our league position ( awaits flaming replies.....how dare you ect ect)

I’ll make an expection against Palace, any win will do in THOSE games. Entertainment has seldom been on show in games against them anyway. St Patrick’s day massacre and the win at their place the last time we were in the top division are just the two I can remember that were thrilling.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm just happy to watch MY team, whatever the outcome.
Surely that's what its all about :)

Yep.

Admittedly, at the tender age of 47, I've only been to about 200 Albion games. Enjoyed every single one .... and there were some spectacularly shit performances in there.

The last game away at Huddersfield at Leeds Road was fantastic. The following season at The McAlpine was shocking (but a lovely breadcake with roast beef and gravy).

I'm not going tomorrow, I no longer have the vigour or money .... but I would if I could and would enjoy it.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Entertainment with the chance of creating and scoring goals.

For example, Vicente sold me a season ticket without even thinking of cost.

I want the Albion to make my gasp not stop my breathing.

I stopped buying a season during Poyet second season when i started looking at my watch 10 mins before the final whistle, grinding out a win at home in our present league does not encourage me to take out a season ticket and the thought of attending an away game is nil, like other interests there must be entertainment

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I go to watch a game. I meet up with friends and we discuss the game even whilst it's going on. I always hope we can win, but don't get too down if we lose. We like to moan about the ref or Lino. It's a social occasion.

It's the lows that make the highs better.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I’ll make an expection against Palace, any win will do in THOSE games. Entertainment has seldom been on show in games against them anyway. St Patrick’s day massacre and the win at their place the last time we were in the top division are just the two I can remember that were thrilling.

Boxing Day 1979 at home, with Horton and a few others taking the mickey out of the Palace players as we were 3 up at the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here