Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Met Police and Scooter tactics.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know I’m going to get flamed, but as an ex PO, this is wrong for so many reasons.
I’ve read every post until now and not one seems to think this practice is absurd.
Very strange, and somewhat worrying.
Thank god you’re ex! :whistle::flameboun

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I know I’m going to get flamed, but as an ex PO, this is wrong for so many reasons.
I’ve read every post until now and not one seems to think this practice is absurd.

Hopefully you dont get too flamed. We know it wont last as its against their human rights/the wrong people might get knocked off/their bikes get scratched, someone ends up more hurt than intended

But whilst it does last hopefully the police knock a few off even if its for shits and giggles and they have a good time doing it

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I hear your concern but we are sick and tired of these scum, as long as it reduces their criminal activity then great. I suspect this whole thing has been put out more as a deterrent than a standard response and we won't actually see too many wipe outs.

Personally I am all for bull bars on the front of all cop vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Good idea, all for it.
But who pays the cost of any damage. The police car will have sustained a dent to the bonnet and bumper and the scooter would be written of I expect. Who pays for this?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good idea, all for it.
But who pays the cost of any damage. The police car will have sustained a dent to the bonnet and bumper and the scooter would be written of I expect. Who pays for this?

The scrotes arenmade to do a panel beating course as part of their sentence - if they fail, they have to run the gauntlet of 3 Police cars chasing them on a moped and anything goes this time. That’s what I heard anyway.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The problem is these criminals until now knew that if they were pursued on a moped the police likely wouldn’t get authorisation to carry on the pursuit. And even more so if they didn’t have a helmet on.

How would you tackle this crime which is a big problem?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The problem is these criminals until now knew that if they were pursued on a moped the police likely wouldn’t get authorisation to carry on the pursuit. And even more so if they didn’t have a helmet on.

How would you tackle this crime which is a big problem?

Why not make a law not allowing 2 people on a moped for a start ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why not make a law not allowing 2 people on a moped for a start ???

Oh yeah, let's make a law that we would make no difference, in that we are now asking criminals who steal to now think twice about getting on a bike going two's up because that's a step too far.....

And we still have to stop them....

Not one of your better ideas young man.

Edit: The only people this would actually irritate and bother are law abiding scooter boys, or mods going on their annual run to........ Brighton.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Play the game and get hurt.
These criminals need a hard lesson, nothing strange or worrying about this at all.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Oh yeah, let's make a law that we would make no difference, in that we are now asking criminals who steal to now think twice about getting on a bike going two's up because that's a step too far.....

Edit: The only people this would actually irritate and bother are law abiding scooter boys, or mods going on their annual run to........ Brighton.

So you dismiss something without even seeing if it works ???

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Blame the government who have cut the numbers of policing then

NO. Blame the little sh**s that are committing the crimes.

Can’t go on blaming everyone except the people who are responsible.

What would you prefer, heavier taxes and a police state, or less crime?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree. By definition criminals break the law. A new one won’t make a bit of difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here