Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the most boring football story out there?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Anything to do with David bloody Beckham or Shrek Rooney .

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Steven Gerrard's retirement.

From his announcement midway through a season, through to the final painful denouement, months and months later, was a monumental shitfest of spectacular SkySports brown-nosing and cronyism. Every week, a new "last". Here it is...Gerrard's last ever game at White Hart Lane! Gerrard's final Merseyside derby! Gerrard's last Europa League match! Gerrard's penultimate clash with Wenger! Gerrard's final game against the old enemy, Man United! Gerrard's final February home game! Gerrard's last ever midweek match at Anfield! Possibly Gerrard's last FA Cup tie! Gerrard's final Saturday home game! Gerrard's final Saturday away game! And finally- FINALLY!- his last ever one, accompanied by week-long previews, tributes, fanfares and the like. I remember they almost wept when Liverpool got knocked out of the FA Cup that season, thus denying Our Hero one big cup final moment of glory.

I mean, you know, he was decent, mostly for Liverpool, not quite so much for England, but come ON :rolleyes:

Then Palace thumbed them 3.1 at his last game at Anfield...In his last game wasn't it a 6.0 loss to Stoke ? I am sure there was one of those stupid countdowns to all of that as well!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Arsenal and their fans' entitlement to winning the league, and how desperate it is that they haven't won it in a while. Meanwhile, 90% of league clubs are unlikely to ever win it - EVER! And they don't moan.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Fair weather trolls. You know the ones, they keep their heads down, then the moment (for example) Palace get a good result that coincides with us not getting a good result, then they're on here talking about Brighton Bottle Jobs etc.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Saido Bera-****ing-hino. EVERY transfer window.

SO glad he's finally moved clubs.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Arsenal and their fans' entitlement to winning the league, and how desperate it is that they haven't won it in a while. Meanwhile, 90% of league clubs are unlikely to ever win it - EVER! And they don't moan.

On NSC you will find Brighton fans panicking that we have "blown" promotion to the premier league.....whilst 2nd and six points clear, in the season where we spent £4m on a player, whilst sitting in our wonderful stadium.

Many clubs will look at us and wonder what the hell some are moaning about.

Arsenal's problems are big to them because winning the league is what they should be aiming to do.

It's all relative.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"Who's better out of Messi and Ronaldo"

The most BORING football debate going. They are both bloody brilliant. Get on with it.

Also: "who are the 'bigger' club". SNORE.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
When people are asked 'Who is the best footballer ever?' and they'll (not all, but quite a few) say Pele - based on the fact that that's what you're meant to say cos everyone else does, or because they saw a 10 second clip on TV once.

A bit like the 'Gerrard/Lampard can't play together' bore - how many of us would it actually of occurred to, unless we had not been fed it as gospel by the media etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

From his announcement midway through a season, through to the final painful denouement, months and months later, was a monumental shitfest of spectacular SkySports brown-nosing and cronyism. Every week, a new "last". Here it is...Gerrard's last ever game at White Hart Lane! Gerrard's final Merseyside derby! Gerrard's last Europa League match! Gerrard's penultimate clash with Wenger! Gerrard's final game against the old enemy, Man United! Gerrard's final February home game! Gerrard's last ever midweek match at Anfield! Possibly Gerrard's last FA Cup tie! Gerrard's final Saturday home game! Gerrard's final Saturday away game! And finally- FINALLY!- his last ever one, accompanied by week-long previews, tributes, fanfares and the like. I remember they almost wept when Liverpool got knocked out of the FA Cup that season, thus denying Our Hero one big cup final moment of glory.

I mean, you know, he was decent, mostly for Liverpool, not quite so much for England, but come ON :rolleyes:

Very much this.

And the fact that the Cup Final was being played on his BIRTHDAY that year, as SSN reminded us every bloody hour of every bloody day for Liverpools entire cup run...to the 4th round. Thank fvck West Ham put us out of our misery by turning over the bindippers and sparing us yet ANOTHER month of Gerrard FA Cup eulogies. I swear my TV ended up with SCREENBURN from that frigging goal he scored in the Final in Cardiff, I can still see a ghostly image of it now.

I thoroughly enjoyed Liverpool getting dry-humped 6-1 at Stoke in "Steeevie's" last ever game, so heartily sick of him was I by then.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Stevie G retirement circus is a fair shout. I'd also like to add, the w4nkfest over West Ham's final season at Upton Park.

Not that it was called Upton Park anymore, of course - the media switching overnight for no reason whatsoever to bleat on about the LAST EVER (Tuesday night in March) GAME AT THE BOLEYN GROUND, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
- use of video technology to aid referees
- safe standing
- Leicester and Raneiri
- mourinho, anything about mourinho
- non stop adulation of 'Zlatan'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

This, with bells on.
The Greek Superleague. Olympiacos F.C. have won it comfortably for the past 5 seasons.
They're 7 points clear this season too, but have just sacked their manager after 3 straight defeats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here