Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Kyle MP

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
you're quite correct, there's nothing to say this is coming from the extreme left, just the left. well done them for engaging in abuse and threats to their elected representatives.

if they don't like he MP's view, if they want to deselect, they should stop the abuse and just get on with the process internally.

I'm on the 'left' and haven't abused him, or anyone who thinks bombing is the best thing to do.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That's very nice but I doubt you are far left which is what we are discussing.

No its not, [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION] made the quite ludicrous assertion that
there's nothing to say this is coming from the extreme left, just the left.
Just pointing out that its a pretty stupid thing to suggest!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You told me that you are supporting your step father, I was asking how he was, calm down dear…

You are pathetic. And quite vile actually. Cancer. Not a subject for your snide digs. Have a nice weekend.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Legend, won me shedloads & all the minnows on here all went quiet when he stuffed the loony left
Can do whatever he wants & will be MP as long as he chooses

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No its not, [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION] made the quite ludicrous assertion that Just pointing out that its a pretty stupid thing to suggest!

i didn't suggest that the whole of the left of politics involved, just that the abuse is coming from the left. as opposed to the right, or anywhere else. in response to Machiavelli apparent attempt at denial. maybe we'd like to focus on the matter of the abuse? the fact that party members abusing, intimidating and threatening their own should be cause for concern about whats happening in the party.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
i didn't suggest that the whole of the left of politics involved, just that the abuse is coming from the left. as opposed to the right, or anywhere else. in response to Machiavelli apparent attempt at denial. maybe we'd like to focus on the matter of the abuse? the fact that party members abusing, intimidating and threatening their own should be cause for concern about whats happening in the party.

I was actually responding to a post from [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] which claimed that the 'extreme left' (by which I assume he means the Corbynistas) were worse than the National Front. I merely indicated that the 'extreme left' aren't exactly meting out violence, unlike what too many in the main two parties have meted out in the past decade and a bit, or the National Front. I think this is worse than the rather silly abuse and veiled threats that the 'extreme left' are indulging in at the moment.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Mostly Councillors and MP's vote the way their parties tell them too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I said that labour would lose my vote if the jobseekers in squats and the political equivalents of the tossers who organise football violence on ther mobiles while sitting in a wine bar miles away manage to deselect sitting mps they decide are not sufficiently pure. I would like to see Jezza properly support these mPs, as much as he supports various hairy arse pressure groups. My jury is still out, but I'm eyeing up my knife sharpener.

Where I live it is a 100 year tory safe seat so my vote has always been mostly a bit of personal ritual. But still . . .

Unless things change, or unless there is a stella local person . . . I may well have to spoil my ballot. Very disappointing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
It is only democracy if the MPs vote in a way which represents their constituents. Are we sure they dod this?

We live in a parliamentary democracy, where the individual voter has a say every 5 years. Once they are elected, they can do what they like. And plenty of people are represented by someone they didn't vote for

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The MPs are supposed to represent their constituents. Not just do as they please. Also we have only a democracy in name. In reality it is not as parliament does not represent the views or voting of the people. It is embarrassing really.

its a representitive democracy, it never pretends to be outright democracy, and frankly we wouldnt want it to be with votes and referendums on every act and bill. maybe we could and should have some more direct input, theres a debate there. a single MP could never represent all their constituents views on all issues, not fair to say its not a democracy because you are in a minority, and that problem would be present if you had full direct democracy.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The MPs are supposed to represent their constituents. Not just do as they please. Also we have only a democracy in name. In reality it is not as parliament does not represent the views or voting of the people. It is embarrassing really.

When I said they can do what they like it probably was a bit extreme. But you're quite right.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

They can't represent the views of all their constituents though, unless all their constituents have the same view. In any democratic vote there will be winners and losers.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Indeed...in fact the whole ideaology of democracy in today's world is a sham.

Take America for example which is meant to be the greatest democracy in the world. Represented by just two political parties of similar policy and ideals all dictated by two things- money and arms companies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very disappointed with him and his actions in parliament to date.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I think I said that labour would lose my vote if the jobseekers in squats and the political equivalents of the tossers who organise football violence on ther mobiles while sitting in a wine bar miles away manage to deselect sitting mps they decide are not sufficiently pure. I would like to see Jezza properly support these mPs, as much as he supports various hairy arse pressure groups. My jury is still out, but I'm eyeing up my knife sharpener.

Where I live it is a 100 year tory safe seat so my vote has always been mostly a bit of personal ritual. But still . . .

Unless things change, or unless there is a stella local person . . . I may well have to spoil my ballot. Very disappointing.

You've got this the wrong way round. It is the PLP who should be moving to support the leader and the will of the party. Thats democracy. If they don't want to support the leader and the membership and represent their views then the honourable thing is to quit. As they are politicians and not too many of them are honourable in my experience then they are going to need to be deselected. You can't have a whole bunch of MPs who don't represent the views of the party or support the elected leader. No party would put up with that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You've got this the wrong way round. It is the PLP who should be moving to support the leader and the will of the party. Thats democracy. If they don't want to support the leader and the membership and represent their views then the honourable thing is to quit. As they are politicians and not too many of them are honourable in my experience then they are going to need to be deselected. You can't have a whole bunch of MPs who don't represent the views of the party or support the elected leader. No party would put up with that.

Very much this. It's our party and all the MPs do is represent our party. It's this simple.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

And therein lies the problem for the Labour Party, and I don' think it is going to go away. The MPs know full well, that the membership does not necessarily reflect the views of the electorate, who are much less likely to be as left wing as the dinner party luvvies, who rushed to join up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can't have a whole bunch of MPs who don't represent the views of the party or support the elected leader. No party would put up with that.

No party should put up with that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here