NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My Nat'nals are repeatedly crushing the Mets 1-0 :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WHAT a win for the Twins, 13-0 last night v the Oakland A's.

And what a story. Opening the scoring in the 3rd innings was Eddie Rosario, a 23 year-old making his first ever MLB start. His first at-bat, he smashed the very first pitch of his professional career into the stands for a home run. The first Twins player of all time to do that, and only the 29th player in history to achieve that feat.

[yt]CVrQwEJyGgY[/yt]

Glorious. Loving the footage of his family going nuts in the crowd.

:clap2:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
WHAT a win for the Twins, 13-0 last night v the Oakland A's.

And what a story. Opening the scoring in the 3rd innings was Eddie Rosario, a 23 year-old making his first ever MLB start. His first at-bat, he smashed the very first pitch of his professional career into the stands for a home run. The first Twins player of all time to do that, and only the 29th player in history to achieve that feat.

[yt]CVrQwEJyGgY[/yt]

Glorious. Loving the footage of his family going nuts in the crowd.

:clap2:

Incredible.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I need a Summer sport, is this a Summer sport, who should I support and how do I watch them and where can I find a good summary of the rules and regulations.

Thanks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Incredible.

Wonderful isn't it ? Everything I love about sport is in that moment. His whole life must have been building up to that one moment...and he nails it. If that had been written into a film you'd have said it was overly far-fetched. That was a 91mph fastball from Scott Kazmir, who has a 2.75 ERA so is certainly no mug.

That's got to be the equivalent of Peter Ward scoring for us in the first minute of his debut.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've been watching baseball since 1985 but it was only last year that I learned of this guy's baseball history documentary series.

I'm currently in the middle of watching the whole series for the third time and I absolutely love it. I can't recommend it strongly enough.

It was released in 1994, but as its a history, that is irrelevant.

Word of caution though, there are ten episodes and each one is around two hours long, and if you enjoy it as much as I do, its hard to turn it off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_(TV_series)

It is possible to get hold of the box set online but its expensive. I rented it once from LoveFilm but then I found that all ten episodes are available in full on youtube.

This is episode one:

I'd be interested to know what others think?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Went to Safeco Field last night to watch the Mariners beat the Athletics 7-2. Lots of errors by Oakland and just one home run, scored by the Athletics. Nice old stadium with a massive retractable roof, although it wasn't needed.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Nice one Gazwag. I've been there. I don't think that stadium is old though. No more than about twenty years.
I suppose that is old when you compare with the Amex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How about this from the other night. Pittsburgh Pirates guy hits a home run against the Twins....straight into a BOAT

[yt]JmWAwXTNBJ0[/yt]

...and some bloke comes along and collects it as a souvenier :lolol:

[yt]RrIjz60Kn-I[/yt]

Twins still won 8-5 (and 4-3 last night). What a season they're having :clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nice one Gazwag. I've been there. I don't think that stadium is old though. No more than about twenty years.
I suppose that is old when you compare with the Amex.

Maybe I should have said old feel, totally different to the other two stadiums I have been to, AT&T Park and the Rogers Centre at Toronto

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Went to Safeco Field last night to watch the Mariners beat the Athletics 7-2. Lots of errors by Oakland and just one home run, scored by the Athletics. Nice old stadium with a massive retractable roof, although it wasn't needed.

Oakland A's do seem to be error-prone. They lost the series at Target Field 3-1, giving up errors in all 4 games, two of which they lost by the odd run, so very costly (the other loss was a 13-0 BEASTING)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I need a Summer sport, is this a Summer sport, who should I support and how do I watch them and where can I find a good summary of the rules and regulations.

Thanks.

You can usually watch games on youtube a day or so after they happen. Check out this guys channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLZQFRDfdKnkumzpCksdYcw . Alternatively you can subscribe to MLB TV and watch games across both the National and American leagues. As for teams to support I'd say anyone but the Yankees purely because they are like the Man U of baseball. I'm a Mets and Bluejays fan personally but will watch any game going.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Those tarty squabbles in baseball are just so stupid. The over-macho umpires never, ever change their mind despite what the equally over-macho managers and players say or do to them, while a bunch of fat kids half-drunk on Miller Lite in the stands boo loudly for 10 minutes before everyone forgets about it. Great sport but honestly.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

May 14, 2015
As a passsionate Yankees fan, this current run is really not helping trying to get back in the playoffs. How the red sox got rid off Andrew Miller i will never know, hes doing the business in pinstripes now.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] - just wondering what your take is on the managerial change at your Miami Marlins? Seems a very strange decision to appoint the GM as manager when the only coaching experience he has is a brief spell in High School 30 years ago. I saw a quote from the owner saying:-

We can’t think of anyone better suited for the job than Dan Jennings – one of the people responsible for putting these players together, who can now play a more active role in getting the most out of them.

That would seem to be the equivalent of Tony Bloom appointing David Burke as manager last summer. :ohmy:

Anyway, his first series has just resulted in a 4-game sweep by my D'backs, so it's a :thumbsup: from me!

May 14, 2015
the Yankees may spend a lot of money, but it is the history and tradition to be proud of. 27 world series and great players, even recently such as Derek Jeter,Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte and Mo Rivera. i can understand from a non Yankees fan point of view why you would compare them to Man U, but when you understand the feeling of standing in old Yankee stadium, its almost as spine chilling as standing in the north stand at the Goldestone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here