Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#NeverWrong :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, either some people have changed their tune or are, understandably, remaining quiet out of embarrassment. This is the same Recruitment Team that didn't sign a striker. Remember that? NSC went into meltdown.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, either some people have changed their tune or are, understandably, remaining quiet out of embarrassment. This is the same Recruitment Team that didn't sign a striker. Remember that? NSC went into meltdown.

Come on I think you're getting confused.
The recruitment team can be excellent but for whatever reason (financial) playing half the season with just Hemed and Murray is a failure.
A failure that was bailed out in part by the success of the rest of the recruitment.

I've previously said CH may well have a blindspot with strikers not helped by the clubs inept ability to sign then.
When this was thrown back at me, the poster then quoted Leon Best :lol: quite how that proves their point and not mine, I'll never know. :facepalm:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Come on I think you're getting confused.
The recruitment team can be excellent but for whatever reason (financial) playing half the season with just Hemed and Murray is a failure.
A failure that was bailed out in part by the success of the rest of the recruitment.

I've previously said CH may well have a blindspot with strikers not helped by the clubs inept ability to sign then.
When this was thrown back at me, the poster then quoted Leon Best :lol: quite how that proves their point and not mine, I'll never know. :facepalm:

Last time i looked the club and Hughton were so inept that they signed a striker in his first summer here who scored 17 goals for c£2m and missed promotion by a whisker. He signed another in his second for £3m who contributed 23 goals to a frontline that he picked and coached who scored 44 goals that got us promoted at a canter. And then he coached and played a system last year that propelled his main striker to 12 goals and keeping us up with 2 games to spare and the whole world and his mother telling us that that striker had been a revelation and had provided his critics wrong. Tell us more about Hughton's "blind spot" and "inept" recruitment because i'd like to hear it in more detail.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
The fact the Gross made almost every journo's list of Best Signings 2017/18 says we've done something right. Propper is another. I genuinely think this season was him acclimatising and next season we may well see a revelation in CM. He was good this year but I think his touch and distribution belies an even better player. Our recruitment has been peerless £ for £. What will be a challenge this window is how the team approach the need to upgrade within the pool we currently swim in. Shaquiri, Butland, Jonny Evans, Dawson etc become genuine targets for us. How do we build based being an already established PL club is the question that needs answering before the new season begins.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The fact the Gross made almost every journo's list of Best Signings 2017/18 says we've done something right. Propper is another. I genuinely think this season was him acclimatising and next season we may well see a revelation in CM. He was good this year but I think his touch and distribution belies an even better player. Our recruitment has been peerless £ for £. What will be a challenge this window is how the team approach the need to upgrade within the pool we currently swim in. Shaquiri, Butland, Jonny Evans, Dawson etc become genuine targets for us. How do we build based being an already established PL club is the question that needs answering before the new season begins.

If we target any of them I would eat my testicles. The way we play is with two midfielders who distribute to release our very good wide players. That should rule out the self centred, up his own backside Shaquiri.

Our 3 central defenders are better than Johnny Evans. He isn't blameless for their relegation and he is the wrong side of 30 and the same applies to Dawson.

Jack Butland...............CH had him before at Birmingham and he played Boaz Myhill ahead of him. That says it all. Although I would concede Butland was younger then but Ryan has had a good season and I don't see anyone starting ahead of him at the start of next year, so there is no way Butland would go to a club to sit on the Bench

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
To be honest I agree with you - those names were symbolic of the gene pool we now reside in rather than genuine targets. We have a rigid system and a recruitment policy which currently doesn't target that sort of player - they were names of the top of my head - although I'm sure there some players in those teams worth looking at - My expectation is that we will fly in under the radar, sign three players we haven't heard of and fly out under the cover of darkness. Meanwhile on here we'll wring our hands and wet our beds as usual ;-))

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
If we target any of them I would eat my testicles. The way we play is with two midfielders who distribute to release our very good wide players. That should rule out the self centred, up his own backside Shaquiri.

Our 3 central defenders are better than Johnny Evans. He isn't blameless for their relegation and he is the wrong side of 30 and the same applies to Dawson.

Jack Butland...............CH had him before at Birmingham and he played Boaz Myhill ahead of him. That says it all. Although I would concede Butland was younger then but Ryan has had a good season and I don't see anyone starting ahead of him at the start of next year, so there is no way Butland would go to a club to sit on the Bench

Apart from that you are in full agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here