Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things Brighton fans find embarrassing....

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
What I've found embarrassing on here is the fact that some people seem to expect opposing fans to constantly be heaping praise on us.

Somebody links to a Wednesday thread where some of their fans say the they think the Stephens incident was a read card. Some of them however, thought it wasn't. Queue a thread on here about how they're all dirty northern w*nkers who are just jealous of us. How dare a percentage of opposing fans not agree with our general opinion on something. There was a thread the other day where people had a go at a small handful of Boro fans "goading" our fans during the pitch invasion, shock horror that the post ignored the equal number of their fans came and clapped at the away fans who had stayed behind. No, that wasn't good - they whole of the ground should have came and bowed before us. But nope, a handful of pissed teenagers and a couple of stupid adults stuck there middle fingers up at our precious fans so all their fans are c*nts too. Somebody in that thread even tried to argue that our fans wouldn't do that, despite that exact scenario happening when we won the league at Walsall, or when we won in the play-off semi v Swindon, or when we beat Man City in the Carling Cup.

If you look at this board from a neutral point of view you very quickly realise that there is a proper eco-system of bellends on here. It happens every time something remotely debatable happens. Someone scurries over to the opposing forum, finds a thread of the other teams supporters debating an incident and has to post it on here to try and garner some cool points on an internet forum. All our fans get their panties in a twist and it makes painful reading. Fans are going to be biased towards their own club, including ours. Stop the f*cking tantrums and get a grip of yourself

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brighton fans are some of the most precious in the country

My favourite post on here in the last few days has been whatever gimp complained that Middlesbrough fans didn't applaude us at the end. Yes, because if Brighton had just won promotion to the top flight on the last day of the season the first thing I would have done is invaded the pitch, run over to the South Stand and clapped whoever we were playing. Sod celebrating our own promotion.

Not to mention STILL going on about Mike Dean for showing a red card based on an injury 72 hours after it happened. When a large number complained that whoever was referee against Burnley should have looked at Kayal's leg and based a decision on getting Barton off based on that
That would be [MENTION=1694]shingle[/MENTION] . He then tries to accuse posters of misreading what he wrote. Couldn't make it up

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On this subject, I spotted a Reading fan on Twitter today, mocking QPR because some of their fans invaded the Loftus Road pitch after their last home game (think they finished 13th).

A Reading fan.

Sniggering at somebody else's pitch invasion.

Yes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Surely you responded. It's a most gorgeous open goal.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What I've found embarrassing on here is the fact that some people seem to expect opposing fans to constantly be heaping praise on us.

Somebody links to a Wednesday thread where some of their fans say the they think the Stephens incident was a read card. Some of them however, thought it wasn't. Queue a thread on here about how they're all dirty northern w*nkers who are just jealous of us. How dare a percentage of opposing fans not agree with our general opinion on something. There was a thread the other day where people had a go at a small handful of Boro fans "goading" our fans during the pitch invasion, shock horror that the post ignored the equal number of their fans came and clapped at the away fans who had stayed behind. No, that wasn't good - they whole of the ground should have came and bowed before us. But nope, a handful of pissed teenagers and a couple of stupid adults stuck there middle fingers up at our precious fans so all their fans are c*nts too. Somebody in that thread even tried to argue that our fans wouldn't do that, despite that exact scenario happening when we won the league at Walsall, or when we won in the play-off semi v Swindon, or when we beat Man City in the Carling Cup.

If you look at this board from a neutral point of view you very quickly realise that there is a proper eco-system of bellends on here. It happens every time something remotely debatable happens. Someone scurries over to the opposing forum, finds a thread of the other teams supporters debating an incident and has to post it on here to try and garner some cool points on an internet forum. All our fans get their panties in a twist and it makes painful reading. Fans are going to be biased towards their own club, including ours. Stop the f*cking tantrums and get a grip of yourself

I agree with almost all of that. And because of the reasons mentioned it makes NSC one of the most entertaining / humorous football forums. (for rival fans )

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Do you really get embarrassed by words on a football message board precious? And then have the temerity to have a go at the rest of us.

:shrug:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Do you really get embarrassed by words on a football message board precious? And then have the temerity to have a go at the rest of us.

:shrug:

The use of the word embarrassed was entirely because of the use in the Original Post. It's more of a sigh, maybe a slight cringe in some instances.

Just reminds me of that kid in school who'd tattle on the cool kids so the teachers would say thank you and pat him on the head

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The use of the word embarrassed was entirely because of the use in the Original Post. It's more of a sigh, maybe a slight cringe in some instances.

Just reminds me of that kid in school who'd tattle on the cool kids so the teachers would say thank you and pat him on the head
Only pulling your leg. I guess we're all different, some folk need more reassurance than others that's all.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't really object to any of the stuff the OP listed or find them embarrassing, although I would never want goal music (not mentioned by OP I know). If people want these things they should get on and do them, as long as they don't expect others to join in if they are not the same way inclined.

I think the fact that some of our fans would find it embarrassing if we had a pitch invasion making it to Wembley absolutely pathetic. If you cannot enjoy yourself when you get to a Wembley final then we may as well all give up watching the game.

I remember the pitch invasion when we got to the play-off final at Cardiff.

Now that WAS embarrassing - if only because I got KISSED by the real Lord B - Lord Bassam of Brighton.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
* Trying to create an atmosphere - No
* Suggesting any new songs - No, but best to start in pub
* Applauding any fans for attendance to a football match - YES, unless midweek and silly distance travelled.
* Balloons and streamers to welcome the players out - No
* Drum to help fans sing in time - Not embarrasing but wary of the affect, some use it well, others don't.
* Having the words to our anthem on screen for 28k fans to sing along to - YES, it's embarrassing that fans don't know the words to our club anthem.
* A pitch invasion if we make it to Wembley - Neutral.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I find it embarrassing when other people get embarrassed over other people being embarrassed, when they get embarrassed by getting embarrassed because someone is embarrassed...... and I have no ****ing idea if I am currently embarrassed or not. Which could be embarrassing. So I probably am embarrassed, but I don't know what over?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely you responded. It's a most gorgeous open goal.

Nah. He struck me as the spotty teenage keyboard warrior sort. The type it really isn't worth getting into an argument with.

Could have just retweeted him, I suppose, and let others go to work :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And look how it unfolded in the final

What does that have to do with anything? Did everyone go 'oh you fools, we are now going to go back in time and collectively cringe at your pitch invasion from three weeks ago because you qualified for a Wembley final but now we know you didn't win it?'

Every team in the play-offs will go on the pitch if they win the semis at home. Are Brighton really too cool and self-conscious to do it, in case other fans think we are 'cringeworthy' if we don't then win the final? WTF is **** is wrong with some people!?

The Albion has so much going for it with its fanbase, but this constant obsession with how things will look to outsiders from some quarters is pathetic. I mean, what does it matter? Who cares? There just doesn't seem to be this weird attitude at other clubs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Nothing really.......to say with pride when we were in the bottom and say I SUPPORT BRIGHTON to anybody that asked....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here