Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlando

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Next month my partner and I are going to Orlando for 7 nights, so I thought I'd do the traditional pre-holiday ritual of asking the great and good of NSC if they have any advice of things to do or not do while we're there, or any more general tips to help us get the most out of our trip. We've got a few ideas of things we want to see (the obvious ones, basically), but I know from experience that NSC is usually a goldmine for this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Always worth a venture down to Downtown Disney (Disney Springs as its becoming).

Some night eateries and some magic thrown in there too. Make sure you go to one of the big shopping outlets too, brilliant deals

Oh and have a superb time, went last year and its amazing (booked for next year already)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He's gone, get over it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whatever you do Fruty, don't buy any tickets to heaven printed on gold bars.
They are fake.

http://www.celebtricity.com/couple-arrested-for-selling-tickets-to-heaven/#

Tito Watts said in his police statement:

I don’t care what the police say. The tickets are solid gold… it ain’t cut up two by fours I spray painted gold. And it was Jesus who give them to me behind the KFC and said to sell them so I could get me some money to go to outer space. I met an alien named Stevie who said if I got the cash together he’d take me and my wife on his flying saucer to his planet that’s made entirely of crack cocaine. You can smoke all the crack cocaine there you want… totally free. So, try to send an innocent man to jail and see what happens. You should arrest Jesus because he’s the one that gave me the golden tickets and said to sell them. I’m willing to wear a wire and set Jesus up…

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Watch for the poor among all the tourists. Orlando has some of the most down trodden at the same time inventive criminals in the world. They will take every last coin that you own if given the opportunity. I spent 3 years in the Orlando area.

The University of Central Florida has a very unique arboretum that I always enjoyed that is a bit off the unusual for CENFL.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Ponderosa buffet breakfast mmmmm, fill yourselves up with tasty morsels before attacking the fun parks,
also find the coupons in the free mags for discounts at various eatery's.
Chill out in Typhoon lagoon water park,
Most of all enjoy your trip

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
If you are hiring a car, which is probably likely, do not accept any daily/weekly charges for Sun Pass (toll roads). You can pay buy cash as and when you need it at the toll booths, and it is much cheaper than the rate they want to charge you. I know this from many visits to Florida, and get hacked off each time they try it on.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Next month my partner and I are going to Orlando for 7 nights, so I thought I'd do the traditional pre-holiday ritual of asking the great and good of NSC if they have any advice of things to do or not do while we're there, or any more general tips to help us get the most out of our trip. We've got a few ideas of things we want to see (the obvious ones, basically), but I know from experience that NSC is usually a goldmine for this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Are you sill making trips to Newcastle ? If so you could tie one in with the Boro game :thumbsup:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Avoid "All-U-Can-Stuff-Yourself-With" eateries.
Swap your airport compact car and get the biggest feck-off beast possible.
Go to Epcot.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Silver springs.

The springs are one of the largest artesian spring formations in the world, producing nearly 550 million gallons of crystal-clear water daily.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
If you are hiring a car, which is probably likely, do not accept any daily/weekly charges for Sun Pass (toll roads). You can pay buy cash as and when you need it at the toll booths, and it is much cheaper than the rate they want to charge you. I know this from many visits to Florida, and get hacked off each time they try it on.

I paid the 30 or so dollars for the sun pass. Difference is you don't have to stop at the tolls and faff about with change. Well worth it in my opinion. We did travel a bit though.

Crystal Springs worth a trip. Universal Studios was great. Steered clear of Disney.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If your going to do Disney, make sure you get your tickets and make sure they are RFID tickets, which means you can book 3 rides/attractions as fastpasses 30 days in advance (or 60 days if your staying in site) on the disney website.

We've so far booked up fast passes for 3 of the parks so far, just need to book them up for Epcot on Monday!

There are 12 of us going later this month for a couple of weeks as it's the father-in-laws 60th. There is a place to eat which actually sounds really good where we're going called Chef John's restaurant in Kissimmee, worth checking out the reviews on Trip Advisor.

We're staying in a 9 bed villa in Formosa Gardens which is really close to Disney - can't wait!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Sea world does some fantastic things for wildlife. It's a shame blackfish ignored that

Indeed, the captive dolphins at SeaWorld are always raving on about all the 'fantastic' things that SeaWorld does for them and how they don't miss their natural environment and swimming anything up to 100 miles per day in open water. Goddam those Blackfish producers eh?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here