Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Jan 10, 2014
Perhaps you can point out for me where in my post I made such a statement ?

You didn't, but you may want to read this thread from the beginning and also think about you saying 'ridiculous argument'.

We once booed Jason Shackell when he was at the Turf, for nothing more than going to Derby for more money.

He's a white fella you know.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You didn't, but you may want to read this thread from the beginning and also think about you saying 'ridiculous argument'.

We once booed Jason Shackell when he was at the Turf, for nothing more than going to Derby for more money.

Snore. Mate. Just go away. Your prattle is distracting.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Only black or ethnic minorities deserve respect as human beings, and not thousands of other people in the town who are classed a racist.

Nice.

I'll bet that he doesn't post on this board again, but if he does, you'll see his true colours.

Can you link us to your black and ethnic minorities views on what happened on Saturday? We would really like to hear what they have to say. Would also be good to hear from your LGBT supporters on the day as well.

Jan 10, 2014
Can you link us to your black and ethnic minorities views on what happened on Saturday? We would really like to hear what they have to say. Would also be good to hear from your LGBT supporters on the day as well.

Yes, just let me get my loud haler out and call them all into a meeting so I can ask them all individually.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Understandable, so why did you boo Bong? You know, the bloke the official FA report says did not make a malicious accusation, but did so in good faith.
Have you presumed him to be innocent until proved guilty?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

We once booed Jason Shackell when he was at the Turf, for nothing more than going to Derby for more money.He's a white fella you know.

LOL - Just fell off my chair laughing. The post from your co fan now seems absolutely complimentary of your fans in relation to that statement you just made about your fans. Actually we don't need to put your fans down on here. You have done a grand job yourself that that absolute belter of a statement.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Apologies if this has already been said but did anybody else see Chris near the corner flag after full time ?

Immense, never felt so proud. What a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw him. Epitomised everything that our club stands for, and rejects everything a club like Burnley does.

What did he do?

Sorry if I’ve missed the answer to this, but for those of us who haven’t seen it, what did he do?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's quite clear that you and many others on here (this thread) aren't interested in the truth, so there's nothing I can say that will change the bigoted views.

Which part of his post isn't true? Let's try all of it.

From the blowing smoke up your arses, to it was the quietest we've been this season (he hasn't been to many matches)

From he wasn't surprised about the Bong accusations because Rodders was brought up in Burnley, to Britain First flags hanging all over the place in certain parts of town.

From mentioning a UKIP councillor, to saying that Dyche lives in the past.

He's either one of our sad bed wetters or a Blackburn fan. I'll go with the latter.

I'm not claiming Rodriguez did make racial comments towards Bong as I know as much as you, but wasn't it reported that he was a bad egg in the Burnley dressing room during his short time there?

Obviously that doesn't mean JR racially abused Bong but it does suggest he's a nasty piece of work. If true it's even more embarrassing that your fans are blindly defending him for continuing his twatish behaviour (racial abusel or not) which caused Dyche to get rid.

Last edited:

The GIF dude

Mar 22, 2013
Sidwell
Sorry if I’ve missed the answer to this, but for those of us who haven’t seen it, what did he do?

This

Chris was a few paces in front of Bong as they approached the tunnel to leave the pitch. Of course that’s right by the booing white trash.

Chris stopped, shepherded Bong into the tunnel and then pulled the lapels of his jacket forward and simply stared at the Burnley block for a few seconds. Wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Just listened back to 606 and the Burnley fans phoning in defending the booing of Bong make me dispair. It’s the kind of attitude they expressed that is part of the reason why large sections of our society feel oppressed and ignored. For Shame!

Jan 10, 2014
Understandable, so why did you boo Bong? You know, the bloke the official FA report says did not make a malicious accusation, but did so in good faith.
Have you presumed him to be innocent until proved guilty?

"We" booed Bong because he accused one of our own as being racist. I know that it's looked upon as throwaway comment for some of you (and many others), but it's a really nasty thing to accuse someone of.

In the current climate calling someone a racist is very nearly looked upon as someone being vicious murderer.

Rightly or wrongly he was always going to get booed. He's no different to when John Terry, Ashley Cole, Owen Coyle etc got booed at our place.

Jan 10, 2014
I'm not claiming Rodriguez did make racial comments towards Bong as I know as much as you, but wasn't it reported that he was a bad egg in the Burnley dressing room during his short time there?

Obviously that doesn't mean JR racially abused Bong but it does suggest he's a nasty piece of work. If true it's even more embarrassing that your fans are blindly defending him for continuing his twatish behaviour which caused Dyche to get rid.

No

He went because he'd out grown us (at that time) and wanted to play in the Premier League.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
"We" booed Bong because he accused one of our own as being racist. I know that it's looked upon as throwaway comment for some of you (and many others), but it's a really nasty thing to accuse someone of.

In the current climate calling someone a racist is very nearly looked upon as someone being vicious murderer.

Rightly or wrongly he was always going to get booed. He's no different to when John Terry, Ashley Cole, Owen Coyle etc got booed at our place.

Exactly, the absolute balls on a lad to accuse someone of racism in good faith according to the FA, who were unable to prove anything either way. Next time someone believes they are racially abused they better keep their mouth shut. Not only that but lets make this good once and for all, think you were raped? Mouth shut. Think you were scammed? Robbed? Discriminated against?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No

He went because he'd out grown us (at that time) and wanted to play in the Premier League.

Really? Then how comes there's fans on your forum claiming Dyche got rid because he was a bad egg? There's a fair few of your fans making this point.

To be fair to your fans on that forum, they're commenting on how cringy this JR arse licking has got from a large proportion of your fans. The same users posted how Dyche got rid of JR for being disruptive in the changing room. When JR left you, he joined Southampton who'd just won promotion from the Championship. Hardly striving for bigger and better. It's not insane to suggest he was booted out by Dyche considering who JR then joined. I respect Dyche as a manger and I really doubt he'd want someone in his team who's willing to stoop to the level of holding his nose and playing the 'you smell' card like some infant child. JR is clearly a complete knob based on the Bong incident even if there were no racial comments. Well done to Dyche for getting rid, and well done to the Burnley fans for blindly believing everything JR says.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Look at that first paragraph again and turn it around....it’s a pretty nasty thing being on the end of racist comments....so crawl back to your own forum

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It’s more or less incredible that, in this day and age, someone would come onto a Brighton message board to justify the booing of a black player - for reporting what he believed to be racist abuse. If people believe that Burnley is a hotbed of UKIP and Bnp undesirables, I’m not entirely sure this is the way to change their minds.

Jan 10, 2014
Really? Then how comes there's fans on your forum claiming Dyche got rid because he was a bad egg? There's a fair few of your fans making this point.

To be fair to your fans on that forum, they're commenting on how cringy this JR arse licking has got from a large proportion of your fans. The same users posted how Dyche got rid of JR for being disruptive in the changing room. When JR left you, he joined Southampton who'd just won promotion from the Championship. Hardly striving for bigger and better. It's not insane to suggest he was booted out by Dyche considering who JR then joined. I respect Dyche as a manger and I really doubt he'd want someone in his team who's willing to stoop to the level of holding his nose and playing the 'you smell' card like some infant child. JR is clearly a complete knob based on the Bong incident even if there were no racial comments. Well done to Dyche for getting rid, and well done to the Burnley fans for blindly believing everything JR says.

Really? Yes really.

The rest of your post is you going on about something that you have no clue about, apart from the Rodders being a childish thing.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Really? Yes really.

The rest of your post is you going on about something that you have no clue about, apart from the Rodders being a childish thing.

Great point. I guess that proves me and a lot of your own fans wrong.

Slightly off topic, but aren't you at all embarrassed that your fans are treating JR like he's the greatest thing ever to come out of your club and yet he ditched you for Southampton who were playing in League 1 just the season before! That's embarrassing to say the least. Your local boy wonder left you for a crap club and is now destined to be playing in the Championship for WBA, and yet the Burnley fans are still singing about him.

JR played 105 games for you in the 2nd tier scoring just 31 goals. He then joins Southampton where he played 104 games scoring an impressively shit 26 goals, and now he's at West Brom banging them in from all angles with 7 goals in 33 games.
What a legend of a striker..

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here