Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves U23s v Albion U23s: PL2 Division Two, Molineux, tonight 7pm

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We have to name a 25 man squad, and having the luxury of a young inexperienced player on the bench who may be able to come on once we're 3-0 up cannot happen at this level.

We have experienced coaching staff who we have to trust to assess who can make the step up and who can't.

Under 21's don't count.

But I would imagine there are much better ways of getting players to gain that experiance other than just 10/15 mins here or there. It might have been possible in League 1 and 2 maybe a push in the championship, but unless you are in serious trouble the Premier league is not that place. Cup games and Europe seem to be where the big clubs bleed there players, I dont think we are at that point yet, so i expect to see more loans for our developing players.

Outside players who play for the club we still have servaral players who have come from our DS team throughout the top 4 leagues.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have to name a 25 man squad, and having the luxury of a young inexperienced player on the bench who may be able to come on once we're 3-0 up cannot happen at this level.

We have experienced coaching staff who we have to trust to assess who can make the step up and who can't.
Bring them on when we're two or three down then. We can only use three of the subs on the bench anyway, and the youngsters do not affect the numbers we name in the squad (and technically speaking, we don't have to name 25 players in our squad, though obviously it is in our interest to do so).

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008

If they're under 21 they don't have to be named for the PL squad.

That's what so hilarious about visionaries like Wenger et al. who 'didn't take the cups seriously'. Back in the day he started to use the opportunity to try out these players (aged 17-24) he wanted to bring through, in a situation where he was allowed to. Now everyone does it - even us. Even us when we were shit and had the likes of Cristian Baz playing for us and drawing against Woking in the cup. Back in the day people got vilified for it for not taking our domestic competitions seriously...

Can you imagine starting Connelly or whoever the prospect-du-jour is in the PL with £XXXm at stake??!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
PS. quote wasn't really at you mate, just a semi-rant generally when people complain about "not giving the kids a chance".

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I'm sorry, I must be stupid, please highlight my stupidty?

No, I was stupid. I just re-read this. Gaol of course is with a 'J' in pronunciation and I was being hasty and taking out my private personal life problems on you. Sorry about that mate.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Let's hope we beat Boro and Reading beat Villa in the semis then.

The way we've finished the season I think Villa will be more keen to avoid us than we are to avoid them.

True but was thinking more about having the final at the Amex if we get through the semis.

If we play Villa in the final, it would be at Villa Park - they finished higher than us in the league.

:lol:

I understood, anyway [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION]! :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone know why our women and U23s play games at Crawley/Lancing, and not our training ground?

The U-23s are restricted to a maximum of 3 matches at the training ground by the competition rules of Premier League 2; they also have to play at least 3 matches at the Amex - Premier League 2: Competition format explained

PL2StadiumRules.jpg

They used to play matches at Culver Road but I believe that artificial surfaces are banned under competition rules and so when the 3G pitch was installed it meant they could no longer play there.

This season, the 11 home matches were staged as follows: 3 at the Amex, 3 at the training ground and 5 at the Checkatrade.com Stadium.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here