Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Rooney can barely write his own name unless he's tracing it. He's done alright.

We're not looking to sign Stephen Fry.

I think what happens is the football part of the brain doniminates at the expense of other parts , this is a conscious choice made during childhood for the greater good of football glory. The other theory is he's a dunce!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sidwell & Murray aside we have a squad full of players that we do not know whether they will be good enough for the Premier league.

When we signed Ashley Barnes on loan from Plymouth when we were in L1 who could have forecasted that he would be good enough for the premier league or when we loaned Steve Cook & Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good points, (although I'm sure that the likes of Knockaert and Dunk will be just fine). What you say about Ashley Barnes is even more valid, when you consider that just a short time before he came to us, he had a mediocre loan spell at Eastbourne Borough.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All good points, (although I'm sure that the likes of Knockaert and Dunk will be just fine). What you say about Ashley Barnes is even more valid, when you consider that just a short time before he came to us, he had a mediocre loan spell at Eastbourne Borough.

How old was Barnes then, very young I believe? And far younger than for example Beckham in his loan spell at Preston, so Barnes was ahead of schedule compared to many players.

Barnes was an immediate goal scoring and assisting hit with us, despite his youth, giving plenty of time for his development into a PL player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was Mooy the aussie guy that we tried to sign last summer during the close season? Remember being surprised that city were interested in him.

I think that was Tommy Oar I think. Ex of Utrecht & Ipswich. Now plays for Brisbane.

I'm going to guess that [MENTION=2378]Horses Arse[/MENTION] was thinking of LUKE BRATTAN.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm going to guess that [MENTION=2378]Horses Arse[/MENTION] was thinking of LUKE BRATTAN.

Yes - that's the one. I had convinced myself all season that it was Mooy and that we'd been stitched up by City nicking him from us and loaning him to Hudds.....

Doesn't sound like it worked out for Brattan at City

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes - that's the one. I had convinced myself all season that it was Mooy and that we'd been stitched up by City nicking him from us and loaning him to Hudds.....

Doesn't sound like it worked out for Brattan at City

He was never bought for Man City in reality. He was bought for their sister club Melbourne City, but to avoid the cost going onto their books.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He's an Ozzie, the winters and longer and colder up in Uddersfield. Easy choice

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Mooy did look an excellent player this season particularly when he played against us in both games. He is 26 though and has had 1 good season in a 'top' division. He has been released on free transfers by St Mirren and Sydney Wanderers fairly recently. I guess he is a late developer.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
But are saying big big fee, maybe we didn't think he was worth it.

£12m is what I've seen. That is a chunk of money. I suspect wages were probably the true deal breaker. Quite glad personally. He's obviously a quality player but it seems like the club is doing its business in a way that future-proofs the possibility of dropping straight back into the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here