Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Bit of a :bounce:, presently 4 episodes in to S2.

Brilliant Scandi noir, one of the best ones imho. Pretty dark stuff.

Right you've metioned this twice now which means, I promise, it's next on my list. After however, Better Call Saul season 4, which makes me want to cry at how good it is; and Seinfeld, which I have never seen before. It took me most of (a short) season 1 to get into, and now I love it. I'm a tad ashamed I never gave it a chance in the 30 years before now.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Anyone else watching The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair on Sky? The Mrs wanted to watch it for the brat pack, Patrick Dempsey connection so I went along with it. Bloody hell, it's really good.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I've been watching Maniac, it's really really weird in a good way, kind of feels like a season long episode of Black Mirror.

Would definately recommend it, although I'm only 3/4 through the season and I'm not sure where exactly it's going, I'm enjoying it a lot though.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580146/

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Anyone else watching The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair on Sky? The Mrs wanted to watch it for the brat pack, Patrick Dempsey connection so I went along with it. Bloody hell, it's really good.
Good book, not that that's relevant to tv talk mind

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Gonna have a few hours to kill over the weekend (hospital nothing serious) so looking for recommendations for crime / heist Netflix downloadable programs films

To set the scene Already have Ozark season 2 downloaded

Have already seen

Intelligence
Designated survivor
Shooter
Luke cage
Persons of interest
Gommaragh

Anything similar would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To go alongside Luke Cage, Jessica Jones is worth a watch, there is a crossover.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Gonna have a few hours to kill over the weekend (hospital nothing serious) so looking for recommendations for crime / heist Netflix downloadable programs films

To set the scene Already have Ozark season 2 downloaded

Have already seen

Intelligence
Designated survivor
Shooter
Luke cage
Persons of interest
Gommaragh

Anything similar would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit late for your hospital stay, but you might enjoy The Punisher.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just finished S2 of the extraordinary 'Making a Murderer'.

If this were fiction it would be laughed off as a ridiculously impossible and implausible plot line but some of the people, actions and decisions by those in authority are amazing.

Don't spoil it by Googling the latest events.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Strangely enjoying the Lethal Weapon series. Everything about it should fail but it works.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not American, but did anyone catch 54 hours on BBC4 on Sat? The (true) story of a botched bank robbery and the operation to free hostages. It's absolutely gripping stuff. The second part is next week and it looks like it will be equally tense

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
How is Daredevil season 3? Anyone binged it already?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Thoroughly enjoying The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. It's an adapation of the novel by Shirley Jackson. The story is about a young family who move into a home in the early 1990's with the intention to renovate and flip the property within a couple of months for a tidy profit. Strange things soon start to happen and the story switches between present day ( as adults, their personalities are moulded by the events of the past ) and their fateful short stay in Hill House as kids. Short vignettes into each character reveals a little more about how events effected their path to adulthood. Set over 10 episodes it does not lag and each episode reveals a little more of the story which then leaves me wanting to know what is going to happen in the next episode. Some ( but not too many ) jump out of your seat scarey moments remind you why Stephen King describes this as "a work of genius".

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Currently watching Aquarius on netflix, 2 seasons of it.
David Duchovny is a detective in 1969 L.A. with various cases going on but with the main feature on Charles Manson and his "family". Great stuff with plenty of boobies in it as well! :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you can fine it from a stream season 2 of The Guest Book has just started.

Greg Garcia he of 'My Name Is Earl' fame has another comedy it's a little out there, occasionally dark and usually funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here