Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your biggest disappointments as as Albion fan?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bobby Smith coming back from his 1965 summer holidays 2 tonnes overweight. It crushed the memories of the previous season, but, of course, the greatest disappointment was the loss of Barry Rees whose best days in an Albion shirt should have been to come.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes of course the semi final playoff and the 0-5 are up there but those aside?

I have three that really pissed me off/ disappointed me that I can think of off the top of my head

The Cup Final replay loss
The sacking of Chris Cattlin
GM to Palace

Yours?

Actually felt ashamed for the club when Cattlin was sacked.

Disappointed - Middlesbrough, still hurts, regardless of what we’ve achieved since. Such a long drive home.

Palace play-offs - more anger than anything else.

The Spurs v Stains draw is up there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not being able to take my thermos of soup into the Amex any more.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bellotti, Archer and losing the Goldstone – though strangely that season is among my most vivid and treasured Albion memories.

Losing 0–5 at Selhurst, and being herded like cattle by the police for the following two hours.

The playoff losses to Palace and The Massive. Though we got there in the end, and in even more style, those hurt.

The Wembley defeat to Notts County. The Ipswich and Millwall games that led up to it were such amazing games, then Wembley felt hugely flat and sad. And it was never a corner either.

Selling John Byrne to Sunderland. Summed up the club's lack of ambition at the time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Most recent disappointment would be not winning the Championship, one win needed from 3 games and we pissed it up the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thought I was going to be the first to this one! A trophy steeped in history was well within our grasp and we threw it away. The cup final replay was a disappointment but probably expected. As for the Goldstone, it was a dump and I'm not sure anyone would swap the Amex for it, so losing it was not a concern to me, what was dire was the way it was done and the attempt to run the club into the ground.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Actually felt ashamed for the club when Cattlin was sacked.

Disappointed - Middlesbrough, still hurts, regardless of what we’ve achieved since. Such a long drive home.

Palace play-offs - more anger than anything else.

The Spurs v Stains draw is up there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last one never forget the cheats

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Wigan promotion game because I was stupidly on holiday. My son got to use my ticket, so at least he got the memories.

Palace play off.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Gus Poyet’s “ceiling” comments after just losing the play off semi.

Compounded a shitty day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here