Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Bad weekend for New York , Saints 33 Giants 18, Jags 31 Jets 12 and Packers 22 Bills 0

Giants now 1-3, still better than 0-5 at start of last season. Another depressing stat - longest streak of games without getting 30 points in the NFL.

It's difficult pin pointing the weaknesses, we held Drew Brees to zero TD passes and still gave away 33 points, and this is with a back to strength Odelle Beckham Jnr and Saquon Barkley.

Playing the Panthers and Eagles next is not going to make things any easier for Pat Shurmur

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Bad weekend for New York , Saints 33 Giants 18, Jags 31 Jets 12 and Packers 22 Bills 0

Giants now 1-3, still better than 0-5 at start of last season. Another depressing stat - longest streak of games without getting 30 points in the NFL.

It's difficult pin pointing the weaknesses, we held Drew Brees to zero TD passes and still gave away 33 points, and this is with a back to strength Odelle Beckham Jnr and Saquon Barkley.

Playing the Panthers and Eagles next is not going to make things any easier for Pat Shurmur

I think the weaknesses are very clearly (still) the offensive line, eli's inability to even look for any deep ball throws, and focusing too much on throwing short passes to saquon. these 3 things are all preventing us from getting anything out of our offense. I haven't seen Eli look this dull at any point in his career hes making the wrong decision on every other snap. I have always been an Eli fan even last year when some ppl were saying he was a part of the problem I defended him but this year he has really been different.

Jul 7, 2003
Just got back to the hotel having been at the Broncos game tonight. Feel a bit hard done by as we were robbed by the zebras. Mahomes should have been called for delay of game just before their winning touchdown.

Fantastic to see a game at Mile High and great atmosphere. Hurts to say but Mahomes is a great player in the making, very mobile and gets the ball to players when under pressure.

Flying home tomorrow so will post some photos when I get back.

ShivasIrons

Feb 16, 2018
it was a heck of a game. I think you are right on the clock being at 0 very close. The crowd was amazing ( I was watching on tv in KC)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just got back to the hotel having been at the Broncos game tonight. Feel a bit hard done by as we were robbed by the zebras. Mahomes should have been called for delay of game just before their winning touchdown.

Fantastic to see a game at Mile High and great atmosphere. Hurts to say but Mahomes is a great player in the making, very mobile and gets the ball to players when under pressure.

Flying home tomorrow so will post some photos when I get back.

Watched the highlights and it was a great game. Must have been some atmosphere. Shame he tried to lateral it at the end (ended the game) as they could have spiked it leading to a Hail Mary end to the game (barring a pen).

Jul 7, 2003
Got back from Denver earlier today. I would recommend the place to anyone for a visit. All of the people we met were very friendly. We did the Mile High stadium tour on the Saturday which was very good. Lots of information and the tour guide had previously worked providing the instant replays on the screen. We got to see all around the stadium, the executive boxes, even the beer store (they sell over $1m of beer per game!) as well as pitch side. Saturday night we went to the Baseball which was another great night out. Went up into the mountains on the Sunday including Red Rocks Ampitheatre and Buffalo Bill's grave.

However, as this is the NFL thread, gameday was a fantastic experience. We got to the stadium early to wander around. I took an Albion flag and tried to get on the pre-game TV coverage, waving it behind the presenters briefly. We were sat in the middle tier just to the right of the posts and had an ideal view of the game. All of the pre-match ceremony is over the top as expected but very impressive. The guys sat next to us said it was good to see Broncos fans in the seats as in previous games they had been resold to 'out of town people'. Not sure you could get much further out of town than us but when we told them we had travelled over just for the game they were very welcoming.

As said previously, it was a great game and the Broncos put up a better performance than expected. Looking back again, I think I have seen an early performance of a future NFL star in Mahomes. Despite the Broncos D getting to him quite often, he was only sacked once. The wrong handed pass when Von Miller was mid-tackle looked even better on TV than it did at the time. As promised here are a some photos

The stadium from pitch level:
stadium 1 small.jpg

The big screen is a little bigger than the Amex. The Bronco on top of the scoreboard is three stories high.
stadium 2 small.jpg

Monday Night Football in Denver is much better than at Bournemouth
stadium 3 small.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Got back from Denver earlier today. I would recommend the place to anyone for a visit. All of the people we met were very friendly. We did the Mile High stadium tour on the Saturday which was very good. Lots of information and the tour guide had previously worked providing the instant replays on the screen. We got to see all around the stadium, the executive boxes, even the beer store (they sell over $1m of beer per game!) as well as pitch side. Saturday night we went to the Baseball which was another great night out. Went up into the mountains on the Sunday including Red Rocks Ampitheatre and Buffalo Bill's grave.

However, as this is the NFL thread, gameday was a fantastic experience. We got to the stadium early to wander around. I took an Albion flag and tried to get on the pre-game TV coverage, waving it behind the presenters briefly. We were sat in the middle tier just to the right of the posts and had an ideal view of the game. All of the pre-match ceremony is over the top as expected but very impressive. The guys sat next to us said it was good to see Broncos fans in the seats as in previous games they had been resold to 'out of town people'. Not sure you could get much further out of town than us but when we told them we had travelled over just for the game they were very welcoming.

As said previously, it was a great game and the Broncos put up a better performance than expected. Looking back again, I think I have seen an early performance of a future NFL star in Mahomes. Despite the Broncos D getting to him quite often, he was only sacked once. The wrong handed pass when Von Miller was mid-tackle looked even better on TV than it did at the time. As promised here are a some photos

The stadium from pitch level:
View attachment 101026

The big screen is a little bigger than the Amex. The Bronco on top of the scoreboard is three stories high.
View attachment 101027

Monday Night Football in Denver is much better than at Bournemouth
View attachment 101028

Glad you enjoyed it. Like you say you can't beat the match day experience. It is a unique sporting experience - all the pre - game hoopla, tailgate parties and they are very friendly to visiting Brits, especially if it's your first visit - you really cant explain it until you've been and done it. Haven't seen the Mile HighStadium but I've done the old Giants Stadium, Metlife Stadium and Gilette Stadium (but that was for a soccer game, New England Revolution, so not sure that counts)

Jul 7, 2003
Glad you enjoyed it. Like you say you can't beat the match day experience. It is a unique sporting experience - all the pre - game hoopla, tailgate parties and they are very friendly to visiting Brits, especially if it's your first visit - you really cant explain it until you've been and done it. Haven't seen the Mile HighStadium but I've done the old Giants Stadium, Metlife Stadium and Gilette Stadium (but that was for a soccer game, New England Revolution, so not sure that counts)

I have been to Tampa which is a fun stadium with the pirate ship and also Jacksonville. Denver is much better than both of those. When we did the tour, our guide talked of 'scoreboard envy' in the NFL. When it was installed, the screen in my pictures was the biggest in the league (I reckon it is at least 10 times the size of the ones at the Amex). The one in Jax is bigger by a couple of feet with fantastic HD images. Of course, when the Cowboys opened their new stadium, Jerry Jones insisted that he had to have the biggest screen in the league.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
tons of crazy games today across the board I really feel for our friends here who are browns fans they should easily be 4-0 right now but instead are 1-1-2. good news is theres a lot of time left in the season and these bumps can really make them stronger going forward. I still think they can compete for a wildcard spot

Thank you for your kind words. This is actually the first time this week I've been able to face opening this thread, and I haven't seen any highlights of any game this week.. It's crazy I know when we've only won one game in two years, but I really thought we'd get something against the Raiders. Really gutted. Never were the words of John Cleese in 'Clockwise' more appropriate:

"It's not the despair, I can handle the despair - it's the hope that's intolerable".

Jul 7, 2003
Did they have much of a tailgate pre game at the mile high.

We did see some but as it was a Monday, many people were working. Speaking to a few of the locals, they hate Monday Night Football as it is a 6:15pm kick off which makes it difficult for many to get there in time for kick off as you hit rush hour.

The stadium was only half full at kick off although it was virtually full by the end of the first quarter. Games at Mile High have been sold out for over 50 years but it was interesting that they announced the proper attendance highlighting 909 no shows on the night.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I have no love for Brady particularly, but joining Manning & Favre in the "500 Club" last night was some achievement.
While I applaud him for reaching that milestone, it is slightly irritating as a Browns fan that A: He threw #500 to Josh Gordon, & B: We passed on him in the Draft & picked Spergon Wynn instead (yeah, EXACTLY!)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Well done though TB #12....

Jul 7, 2003
Unusually quiet on this thread tonight.

Watched the Broncos lose to the Jets earlier. So many issues with our team. Burned against the run today, some strange coaching calls and I'm still not convinced that Keenum is the answer to our QB issues. Don't be fooled by his stats tonight - lots of garbage time yardage to make him look much better than he was. We even managed to give away the longest non-touchdown return in NFL history tonight.

Good to see the Browns just avoid their second tie of the season.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Proper ding dong in Seattle... Rams supposed to be destroying the Seahawks, “The torch has passed” and all that... 31-30 Seahawks going into the last 14 mins or so... great game.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Unusually quiet on this thread tonight.

Well I'm still in disbelief about the Packers game. How on earth can Mason Crosby miss FIVE straightforward kicks in a row? Everything went wrong in that game that could possibly go wrong, apart from more injuries. It was just a bizarre game that the Pack should have comfortably won. Stunned I am.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Giants now 1-4 after losing to Panthers, all you can really say is they had an awful offense and are working hard for that top draft pick!

Watched the Vikings Eagles game - Eagles definitely not showing the momentum thay had last season. I'd say Thielen is one of the best receivers in the NFL. Also dubious roughing call on Bennett which set up Vikings TD just before half time. Think this new rule is turning off some NFL fans as sacking a QB is getting more difficult , the NFL have already issued clarifications on techniques that constitute a foul after week 3

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Proper ding dong in Seattle... Rams supposed to be destroying the Seahawks, “The torch has passed” and all that... 31-30 Seahawks going into the last 14 mins or so... great game.

Proud, but also gutted to have been pipped at the post. For the first time this season our offence really turned up, with Carson and Davis outstanding in the rush and Wilson back to his best. So agonising when something as stupid as a false start penalty (bloody Ifedi again!) derailed our final drive, as we could and maybe should have won this.

Hats off to Goff and Gurley though, they are pretty special.

And next week we kick off 3 hours earlier, hooray, no 4am finish for me!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Houston win the battle of Texas against them Cowboys. 2nd week running to win in OT. Hopkins makes the difference.

AFC South is back on again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here