six feet beneath the moon...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, ultimately every player has his price. If they offered £50M (not that I think they would) would we turn it down? I doubt it.

Besides, one way of building a successful team is through astute buying and selling; if the price offered is offering a profit on Propper, and would enable us to buy someone better and/or more suited to what CH wants, then yes, we would sell then as well. Certainly not in any hurry to see off Davy Propper though, so I expect they will be told to fox-trot off.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We would still have 4 central midfielders but need to have a deal for a 5th lined up if we did cash in. Maybe we do with the change in style. We've seen POTS Gross slip out of favour compared to last season due to his mobility and perhaps Propper is the same in the longer term. Could we have a deal lined up for IF we manage to flip him at a profit.

I don't think he's been bad, but would certainly use the word average for him, personally. In the EPL that's still a good player so not slagging him off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He scores more when in orange.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We would still have 4 central midfielders but need to have a deal for a 5th lined up if we did cash in. Maybe we do with the change in style. We've seen POTS Gross slip out of favour compared to last season due to his mobility and perhaps Propper is the same in the longer term. Could we have a deal lined up for IF we manage to flip him at a profit.

I don't think he's been bad, but would certainly use the word average for him, personally. In the EPL that's still a good player so not slagging him off.

Woah there!

Groß’ ‘lack of mobility’? I really not sure that is the word you were looking for? Pascal Groß covered the most distance, and completed the most sprints, of any player in the Albion squad last season, and amongst the top few in the entire PL.

And as for ‘slipping out of favour’? He’s failed to feature in the starting line up, except enforced through injury, ONCE - away at Liverpool where we chose to instead play another deeper midfielder (who proceeded to give away the only goal of the game...)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Can't say I'm surprised. He's one of the classiest players in our side; furthermore he's one of those whose ceilings is higher I'd imagine, so I think with more movement around him and slightly more license to roam, we'd seen a good development in him. I've no doubt he could fit into a side like Sevilla (although I wouldn't be so keen on selling him myself).

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Unless we're planning on getting relegated, or have a sneaky bid in for Hazard, as a replacement I can't see the club wanting to sell one of its bestest players.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't understand why we still haven't tried Pröpper in the Groß role with Kayal and Stephens getting the band back together in the middle.

Considering we paid £10 million+ for Davy and we won't want to sell, they would surely have to fork out at least double that, which I can't see them doing.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't understand why we still haven't tried Pröpper in the Groß role with Kayal and Stephens getting the band back together in the middle.

Considering we paid £10 million+ for Davy and we won't want to sell, they would surely have to fork out at least double that, which I can't see them doing.

Because up to now Gross has been the go to man.

Injuries and the fact we signed Bissouma meant we could try other things. Which haven't worked up to now.

It's worth a go but can't see us trying when we have Gross and Bissouma ( and Ali to an extent) all vying for 1 place

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Would have agreed with you initially but I now think Propper is an ordinary finisher, not a patch on Gross.

That said, thankfully, I would think that Sevilla could not afford him. His value to us must be between £20m and £30m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

With you there. It is more like the position he plays for the Dutch team where he has scored goals.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It’s plausible because …

Spanish football may suit his languid style more
We’ve signed Bissouma recently and Kayal is back in form
They may offer him the chance to play further forward than we do
It may increase his chances of retaining his place in the Dutch team, as it’s a higher profile club

It’s implausible because …

Sevilla aren’t paying higher transfer fees and wages than us
Bloom is proven to resist offers for first team players we want to keep
Having 2 deep lying centre mids is central to Hughton’s strategy of playing 2 wingers.
Hughton rates him higher than the fans do. (Because he knows more about football than we do)

Verdict …. nah

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not sure Sevilla actually need Davy. They thumped Real Madrid 3-0 last night!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here