Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit due to the 3,000 travelling fans

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its because for Arsenal, Brighton is like Rotherham turning up at the Amex for a lunch time game. For us its a huge occasion, and away fans are always more enthusiastic hard core fans.

Well the amount of Arsenal fans with Arseghton half n half scarves rounded their necks suggests differently. And they didn't look like the foreign tourists either

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Only criticising those who suggested that the supporters needed praise for getting to the game. When attending The Amex I see a number of Arsenal fans returning from a home game when I am at Haywards Heath station so it takes no longer to get to and from The Emirates than to The Amex.

yes but they probably leave after 80 minutes

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Not sure who you are criticising but it's not an easy ground to get to. Loads had trouble on the trains, I think it's a nightmare to get back to the main line stations to get home and it took 4 hours to get home by coach. Dread to think how long it takes when it's busy
Not sure the trouble on the trains has anything to do with them, more like our friends at Southern Rail.
My person travel experience was excellent, had a walk round the ground after the game, took a liesurely stroll down Holloway Road and straight on to the tube, no queue, no waiting and back home in Portslade in time to watch the 4.30 kick off on Sky.
Have to confirm the home support was appalling and that's coming from someone who has supported Arsenal for 50 years. Now a definite convert to the Amex faithful since the move there. I just love the atmosphere at home and especially away, fantastic support once again from the travelling throng. :albion2::amex:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
But I have done that for at least 40 years but now age and finance does not allow me to but I am still a fervent fan.
I'm certainly not criticising your support for the club BG or anyone having health issues getting to games, just in GENERAL that's my view.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I was sat in the home stuck up in the back near the corner and pre match was a bit wary of being noticed but I should not have worried. Just about everyone sat around me was clearly a foreign tourist plus a few other BHA fans. Most spent the game filming the Brighton supporters as they were loving the noise from the away end. A few even tried to join in the songs thinking they arsenal chants��. Home noise was pretty much non existent. Very strange atmosphere for what should be a cracking stadium.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Fair few more than 3000 as I know 3 different lots of Brighton fans that were in the Arsenal seats.

Not sure the trouble on the trains has anything to do with them, more like our friends at Southern Rail.
My person travel experience was excellent, had a walk round the ground after the game, took a liesurely stroll down Holloway Road and straight on to the tube, no queue, no waiting and back home in Portslade in time to watch the 4.30 kick off on Sky.
Have to confirm the home support was appalling and that's coming from someone who has supported Arsenal for 50 years. Now a definite convert to the Amex faithful since the move there. I just love the atmosphere at home and especially away, fantastic support once again from the travelling throng. :albion2::amex:

Had a few in the lounges,strolled to the tube and a curry in convent garden:thumbsup:

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Only criticising those who suggested that the supporters needed praise for getting to the game. When attending The Amex I see a number of Arsenal fans returning from a home game when I am at Haywards Heath station so it takes no longer to get to and from The Emirates than to The Amex.
Met a guy on the tube with an Arsenal bag under his arm. He said he was an Albion season ticket holder and lived 10 minutes from the Amex. He had NO loyalty or feelings for the Albion, wish I knew who he was we could get his season blocked. :rant:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Not sure who you are criticising but it's not an easy ground to get to. Loads had trouble on the trains, I think it's a nightmare to get back to the main line stations to get home and it took 4 hours to get home by coach. Dread to think how long it takes when it's busy
Two mile walk to Kings Cross. Not sure that's a nightmare.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Perhaps the Palace Ultras :lolol: could go along to the emirates and do a bit of coaching, they have nothing else to do at the moment

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm certainly not criticising your support for the club BG or anyone having health issues getting to games, just in GENERAL that's my view.

I fully understand and accept that but I think too much is made of away supporters. mind I probably didnt think rhat when I was travelling to St James Park Exeter or Feethams Darlington.

Glendemic

May 13, 2016
Portslade
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I was lucky enough to attend the match today with some north London friends donating me their Arsenal seat.

What an atmosphere. I've been to a number of away days the last years but today felt pretty special. Albion held their own for the most part, showed passion and relative resilience, but really it was our travelling fans that made a big impression.

There were several overheard conversations as to how decent our lot were volume wise. Lots of compliments heard all over the place and to be honest the Arsenal support were shameful, only occasionally bothering to open their mouths after the second goal went in.

You hear a lot of predictable old bollocks from team's complimenting their own fanbase, but our lot really are up there. Great day despite the result.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
With Arsenal friends in front row of upper tier right above the Albion fans who were magnificent from start to finish today! Barely a whimper from the home lot but our fans played a blinder - well done to all of you.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
A STH gooner friend gave me his ticket as on his holidays. I was in the north bank virtually opposite our fans. OMFG I don't think I've ever been to a more tepid atmosphere. Our lot were great especially the last 15 when we were in full vocal unison and bloody impressive from where I was. But Arsenal, Jesus that was shameful. Most seemed to have the impression today was a given but I can't remember a more lacklustre support from home fans. Quite a few were genuinely rattled after we hit the post but not enough to attempt to get any kind of song going. Really poor from their end and not sure I'd want to carry on living if I had to go through that on a weekly basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here