Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the statement 'are required' makes it pretty clear countries are expected to join it. Regardless, the point is if the UK decides to re-join after leaving we will be expected to join the Euro as well.

Go and have another read of the link instead of quoting bits out of context which fit your agenda and wilfully ignoring those that don’t.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think the statement 'are required' makes it pretty clear countries are expected to join it. Regardless, the point is if the UK decides to re-join after leaving we will be expected to join the Euro as well.

Just 23 years and waiting for Sweden then and 14 for The Czech Republic and Poland. They've been expecting a long time.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Its quite telling there is already panic amongst the remainers about joining the euro in the context of rejoining the EU.
Can you imagine if in negotiations to rejoin the EU it was established we could have no opt out on that and would be expected via treaty of accession to join when we filled the criteria......it would kill rejoin movement dead before any vote to rejoin occurred .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
From The Times this morning:

Meanwhile it emerged that British officials had made a number of mistakes translating the white paper into other European languages as part of an EU-wide charm offensive — and failed to translate it into Gaelic at all.

According to the EurActiv website, the Estonian and Finnish version misspelt “Estonia” and “Finland” and the French version risked outright offence by translating “principled Brexit” as “un Brexit vertueux” which suggests that Brexit is a moral good. The Daily Telegraph reported that the German version invented compound verbs while the Dutch version was described in a leading newspaper as reading like something put through the “cheapest available” translation software.

Excellent.The British have a long and glorious history of not bothering to learn unimportant,moribund,languages like French and German.It just shows them what we think of them.After all,generations of British men have got by with 'Handy Hock' for the males,and 'We feel?' for the women.Only important languages in the modern world are English and Mandarin.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Go and have another read of the link instead of quoting bits out of context which fit your agenda and wilfully ignoring those that don’t.

Really not sure what you're reading - these two statements from the link are unambiguous :

"All EU Member States , except Denmark and the United Kingdom, are required to adopt the euro and join the euro area. To do this they must meet certain conditions known as 'convergence criteria'."

"The Treaty does not specify a particular timetable for joining the euro area, but leaves it to Member States to develop their own strategies for meeting the condition for euro adoption."

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Boris Johnson let the cat out of the bag about what Brexit really means to him and his fellow Etonions, it's all about getting rid of those rules that enable a fair trading field across the EU (the same rules that we have helped devise). They want rid, so that they can undercut standards everywhere, be it workers rights, health & safety or standards on food/goods.

I can understand that from someone like Boris the buffoon and that other workshy Ree-Smog as they have inherited wealth - built on the backs of workers. What I simply cannot fathom is how the Labour party really believes that being out of Europe, will help Labours core vote. They will be the ones who are screwed the most.

Corbyn should be ashamed of himself

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Boris Johnson let the cat out of the bag about what Brexit really means to him and his fellow Etonions, it's all about getting rid of those rules that enable a fair trading field across the EU (the same rules that we have helped devise). They want rid, so that they can undercut standards everywhere, be it workers rights, health & safety or standards on food/goods.

I can understand that from someone like Boris the buffoon and that other workshy Ree-Smog as they have inherited wealth - built on the backs of workers. What I simply cannot fathom is how the Labour party really believes that being out of Europe, will help Labours core vote. They will be the ones who are screwed the most.

Corbyn should be ashamed of himself

I suppose if you were telling the truth you wont mind sharing the link that has Boris saying he wants to remove workers rights, remove health and safety standards and remove standards on foods.
Bit surprised you havnt shared it already, must be all over the news.

if you cant find it you will end up with class warriors agreeing with you.......no one wants that

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I suppose if you were telling the truth you wont mind sharing the link that has Boris saying he wants to remove workers rights, remove health and safety standards and remove standards on foods.
Bit surprised you havnt shared it already, must be all over the news.

Probably read it on twatter!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really not sure what you're reading - these two statements from the link are unambiguous :

"All EU Member States , except Denmark and the United Kingdom, are required to adopt the euro and join the euro area. To do this they must meet certain conditions known as 'convergence criteria'."

"The Treaty does not specify a particular timetable for joining the euro area, but leaves it to Member States to develop their own strategies for meeting the condition for euro adoption."

No timetable, own criteria for adoption, in effect, makes the Euro a “nice-to-have” and not mandatory. I cannot read that any other way.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Im sure if you had kept up to date with this thread, you would know its established that there are remainers who are separate from a sub class called remoaners
they are clearly defined separate groups

There are a sub groups of Leavers too, Bellends, ********s, Twats, and Loons.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills