Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sorry but why are we suddenly talking about selling cheap?

If we were a Championship side eyeing up a Premier league reserve we'd never be expecting to get them for £3-5m. We'd be rolling out eyes at even having a chance to get them.

There is no way I want us selling Goldson. It weakens our squad for the sake of an amount of money that will enable us to buy very little.

Yeah this does not sit right for me, He clearly is a very good prospect and can cover at the moment, This maybe himself wanting to go or his agent pushing him.
I would not be adverse to a loan, we could potentially letting a very good player go to cheap.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Sorry but why are we suddenly talking about selling cheap?

If we were a Championship side eyeing up a Premier league reserve we'd never be expecting to get them for £3-5m. We'd be rolling out eyes at even having a chance to get them.

There is no way I want us selling Goldson. It weakens our squad for the sake of an amount of money that will enable us to buy very little.

We got Gross for around £3m didn't we?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That valuation is what i said a week ago.

[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] and others were coming out with silly 5- 8 million price tag. People need to get real.

Yep I was one who said at least 5 million and he would be a bargain at that price. 3 million is far too low. If it wasn't cash strapped Rangers after him we wouldn't even negotiate at 5 million but I suspect if this is all true Connor would like the move and we may have to consider a lower offer than first imagined! I don't think we would want to stand in a players way if we thought he had made up his mind about joining them. Fantastic opportunity to play for a huge club (albeit in Scotland)

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
We got Gross for around £3m didn't we?

3m was Gross' buyout clause as his team had been relegated. We paid more than that to him and his agent to seal the deal. I forget what the estimated fee was but it was a lot more than 3m still a bargain though. The same with Andone we offered 15m last year for him but were able to just pay his buyout clause money of 5m this year and again we will have paid pretty much what we offered last year to him instead. Its hard to know for sure what the fees are in these cases though because the club and the players rarely disclose the money paid.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yeah this does not sit right for me, He clearly is a very good prospect and can cover at the moment, This maybe himself wanting to go or his agent pushing him.
I would not be adverse to a loan, we could potentially letting a very good player go to cheap.

I agree we just paid 5m for a Nigerian/German who is not a homegrown player and an unknown as to how he will fare in the premiership. If Goldson wants to leave though it may force our hand.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I say that we must keep him, nurture him to becomig the player that we believe he can. A loan period maybe, for regular games . We had Jesse Lingard , look where he is now.

Or deliberately play him in games we think he can cope with. To lose him cheap and see him become a star for someone else would be tragic.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I say that we must keep him, nurture him to becomig the player that we believe he can. A loan period maybe, for regular games . We had Jesse Lingard , look where he is now.

Or deliberately play him in games we think he can cope with. To lose him cheap and see him become a star for someone else would be tragic.

He is 26 this year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At the end of the day, however good, or otherwise, we determine Goldson to be, whether we think it is a good thing for him to be sold, or not, ultimately, for as long as l can remember anyway, the Albion have tried to do their best by a player.

In other words, if a player can't force his way into the team, or play enough games, isn't happy, and decides he wants to leave, the club, having tried to persuade him otherise, will normally let him have his way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rangers need to up their game on this transfer as according to ( the unreliable ) HITC, a *host* of Championship clubs are now interested.

*Bidding War*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here