Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Post Film Discussion Star Wars TLJ WARNING don’t view will contain spoilers

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Anyone else think Snokes backstory could eventually become a stand alone film (and possibly Rey's early life / parents story as one too?)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just one little flaw in the main story on TLJ.
The resistance were going to eventually burn all their fuel being chased.

I'm not a scientist by any means, but once they're at max speed, just turn the ignition off and they'll coast along nicely for as long as they want... Right?

Don't the 'rear deflectors' use fuel? I saw it on opening day +1 so can't remember the details now

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Anyone else think Snokes backstory could eventually become a stand alone film

I hope not. I couldn't stand the character and the whole 'it's Andy Serkis so lets just CGI the crap out of him' made Snoke seem a bit of a joke.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There are a few theories that suggest that Snoke is still alive and we will find out more. Perhaps just wishful thinking.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whether you like it or not, Star Wars - The Last Jedi has already smashed Rogue One - A Star Wars Story, out of the box office park so it is very popular and getting repeat viewings

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Whether you like it or not, Star Wars - The Last Jedi has already smashed Rogue One - A Star Wars Story, out of the box office park so it is very popular and getting repeat viewings

It doesn't matter what you do with Star Wars, if you make it like a traditional SW film like TFA then the moaners says its too similar. You do something a bit different like TLJ and now it doesn't feel like SW enough.

Some clowns are moaning that the bomber in the first scene couldn't drop bombs like that due to no gravity, but don't seem to mind the fire and explosions on show in the vacuum of space.

The original trilogy was full of unbelievable stuff, Farm boy Luke piloting an X-Wing against battle ready Tie Fighter pilots, shooting those torpedoes to destroy the death star with using the Force that he learnt about a few days before just to name a few.

Thankfully social media wasn't about back then so didn't have to listen to the infernal bollocks about every plot nuance .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
And for what its worth I loved the milking scene and the look on Lukes face, looking at Rey when he drunk it.

How do you think they got the blue milk out of Banthas in the other films its shown in? You think they Bought it freshly bottled from the Mos Eisley Tesco Express?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Funny, I was reading that takings were 43% down on The force awakens and hold overs were collapsing.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Funny, I was reading that takings were 43% down on The force awakens and hold overs were collapsing.

its currently ranked 19th as the highest grossing film of all time. TFA is 3rd so will take some beating.

TLJ is the 3rd highest grossing Star wars film of all time if adjusted for inflation.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The post is referring to Rogue One

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
its currently ranked 19th as the highest grossing film of all time. TFA is 3rd so will take some beating.

TLJ is the 3rd highest grossing Star wars film of all time if adjusted for inflation.

It won't beat TFA but should get $ 1 500 000

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dropped down to 50% (Audience Score).
Is that the worst of all (main) Star Wars films?

It would be if you could trust the Rotten Tomatoes audience figures, but as there is evidence of a bot attack on the site I'd ignore it and use other scoring sites which don't allow multiple identities.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here